Being Trapped Isn't That Bad (1+9=19)

No POV

        Vincent and Rose wandered the island and managed to find a small cave. Thanks to Vincent's knowledge from being a boy scout when he was ten, the two were able to start a fire. And the fact that Rose had a match in her back pocket, helped too.

        "What if no one finds us?" Rose wondered aloud. She was starting into the fire, but thoughts of never being rescued ran through her mind.

        "Don't say that. I bet they are looking for us as we speak." Vincent reassured her.

        "You're right. I'm just paranoid."

        "Being trapped on an island isn't all that bad. At least we have a cave and a fire. Plus we found these bananas." Vincent mused, holding up the bushel of bananas he'd tripped over while they were searching for some shelter.

        "Yeah, this cave actually brings back memories."

        Vincent raised his eyebrow. "How so?"

        Rose was reluctant to share this story with Vincent. She wasn't sure how he'd react, but a part of her was aching to tell him. She felt like she could trust him.

        She leaned her back against the cave wall and looked Vincent in the eyes. "I lost my virginity in a cave."

        A lump formed in Vincent's thought as he imagined Rose lying on her back in a cave, writhing in pleasure. And somehow, he managed to imagine himself on top of her. He shook the image out of his mind. Right now was definitely not the time to be thinking of something like that.

        "I was a freshman, and my boyfriend and I were on a date in the mountains. It was the middle of winter and I can still remember the chill of the air that day. My boyfriend set up this nice warm picnic for us at the mouth of a cave. We were originally just supposed to cuddle, drink hot chocolate, and watch the snow fall. But as I looked into his eyes. I saw something. It possessed me."

        Rose brought her knees to her chest and smiled. "I saw love. He was in love with me and at that moment I felt like I was in love with him too. I wanted to give myself to him and show him how I felt about him. I wanted to join together as one. I gave myself to him thinking that he loved me. I was wrong. So very wrong."

        After a long silence Vincent willed himself to speak. "What was his name?"

        Rose contemplated lying to him. Even if she did, he'd eventually find out. There was no use in lying. She still couldn't shake the feeling that they were going to die on this island. Why not tell him the truth? She looked him dead in the eyes and spoke the name that she hated so dearly, as a single tear fell down her cheek. "Jace."

        Vincent was in shock. He didn't know how his friend could do something like that. He always knew Jace was an ass, but when it came to women, Jace always took a different route. Unlike Vincent, Jace didn't have a reputation of destroying the hearts of more than half of the female population of their high school. All the girls who were with Jace always bragged about how nice he treated them. If Vincent was so good looking and such a smooth talker, Jace would definitely have him beat.