Butterfly Troubles (Dirty bit... 32)

When the bell rang signaling the end of school I zoomed out of the classroom so fast I was sure that a trail of smoke was lingering behind me. I didn't even stop at my locker to grab the necessary books I was going to need to do my homework. That would have to be forgotten. Tonight was about Vincent and me. No distractions.

        As I pulled into the driveway of my house, I pulled out the letter and read over it again. I ran inside and planted a kiss on my mom and dad's cheek. They were standing around a Christmas tree, hanging decorations on it.

"Hey mom, hey dad. Bye mom, bye dad."

"Hold on, where are you going in such a hurry?" My mom called.

"I have a date with Vincent. I need to go get ready."

My dad's jaw tightened and he squinted his eyes at me. "And what are you planning on doing during this date?"

"I don't know yet, but I can't wait to find out." In fear of being questioned anymore, I dashed up the stairs and burst into my room. I was kind of out of breath considering all the running I'd just did since school let out. I really should start working out.

Okay, so I needed to find the perfect outfit. He'd said not to wear heels and to dress warmly. I was really in the mood to doll myself up. I wanted to look really pretty for him. I wasn't sure how I was going to make myself look beautiful and still be warm. I was definitely sacrificing something.

 I started ripping through my closet searching for clothes. Everything was flying everywhere and I had no intention of stopping my search. Now, what should I wear? I really wanted to wear a dress. The only problem is that the only dresses I wear that I can wear with sandals are my sundresses. Wearing one of those is out of the question considering I'm going out at night. I don't want to dress to fancy or too casual so I'm kind of at a loss here.

I threw myself on my bed and sighed. This was hopeless. "Grrr. I'm just going to go straight nude. No clothes or anything. I'm sure Vincent won't mind."

"Yeah but I'm sure the rest of the public will." A voice said across my room.

I was so startled I nearly jumped out of my skin. I looked over and saw Christie, Kendall, Megan, and Danielle. They all had bags in their hands and devious smiles on their face.

"What are you guys doing here," I asked.

"We're here to help, duh." Danielle said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

"But, how did you-"

"The walls talk." Christie smiled. "Now shut up and let us help you. Megan, get the hair station ready. Dani, you're on make-up duty. Kendall run her bath and I'm going to find her the most smoking outfit ever."

After four hours of gruesome plucking, primping, shaving, curling, burning, squeezing, fighting, and searching, I was finally ready to go. Christie and I managed to find the perfect outfit for me. It was a white, pink floral print, halter top that fanned out on the bottom; a black jacket that stopped halfway down my back; some black skinnies that hugged every inch of my thighs, much to my delight; and a pair of black flats that were to die for. Meagan decided to curl my hair loosely, which really allowed them to look natural. Dani's make-up was exquisite. She gave me beautiful pink lips and a light pink eye shadow with really dark mascara and eyeliner. It really brought out the color of my eyes.

I was in complete awe that I had friends that amazing. I didn't even have to ask them for help and they were right there for me. Friends don't get much better than that. "Thanks you guys. This really means a lot to me."