𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

Start from the beginning

"I can understand you not seeing a downside to this," Peter said cutting off Derek as he walked towards Cora, and I knew what he was going to say. He was going to ask about my feelings... especially when I outed myself for liking him. "Since you haven't exactly been Alpha of the Year, but think about what else you'd be losing,"

Derek looked away annoyed as he moved towards his uncle, "I don't care about power. Not anymore," He said softly as he stared at his sister. I moved towards the bench next to Cora and across from Derek.

"What about the power to fight back?" Peter pointed out and Derek sighed, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kali's ultimatum still stands-- the full moon is tomorrow night. And, if you couldn't beat her as an Alpha, how do you think you're gonna fare as a Beta?"

"I. Don't. Care," He repeated as he looked towards Peter. He was stressed and I knew he wanted to help.

"What if this was exactly what Jennifer was hoping for?" Peter continued and I ran a hand through my hair, "She would know the only way for you to save Cora would be giving up your power. Maybe that's what she was gonna have you do at the hospital,"

"Wait, why?" I asked as I looked up. If that was Jennifer's plan, then we had another thing coming.

"So that you wouldn't be able to face the Alphas without her!" He exclaimed, "She wants you to come to her. It's all part of her little seduction, and she is still seducing you! She needs you on her side!" Derek looked between Peter then Cora.

I stayed where I was sitting until my phone began to ring. I moved towards it and answered the call, hoping that it was Scott. But when Isaac's voice blasted through the speaker, I held back my frown. "Argent," He huffed, "Jennifer took him,"

The phone dropped from my hands and fell onto the floor. My knees wobbled from under me and I collapsed on the couch, staring at my shakey hands as tears welled in my eyes. My breathing became shallow and as my vision blurred, it became harder to stay focused on anything. "What's wrong?" Derek asked me but was drowned out by a loud ringing noise.

He gripped my hands, trying to stop them from shaking, but it only got worse. Tears rolled down my cheeks, "She took Argent," I told him and I could see his face fall. "They're all going to die," I realized, "I can't have anyone else die," I whispered as my voice shook and my eyes met his.

"I know," He said in a comforting voice, "No one else will, okay?" I nodded softly as he stayed with me, his hands giving mine a small squeeze. "We're going to find them before anything happens," He added, and I wasn't sure if he was trying to convince me... or himself.

A loud bang hit the door and Peter went to open it while Derek stayed with me. I watched as the door opened to Lydia and I could tell that she was in a rush. "Derek, we have a visitor..." He looked away to see Lydia as she walked into the loft.

All four of us moved towards the desk as she set down a notebook with a familiar drawing. "That's the tree that you drew when we tried to find Deaton," I pointed out as I stared at the pencil sketch.

"The Nemeton," Derek added as he looked towards Lydia.

"Do you know where that is?" She asked and Peter shrugged his shoulders.

"Not a clue," He replied and she groaned.

"You don't know where it is?" She asked exasperatedly, "But Stiles said you'd been there..."

"We have," He said, annoyed, "But, after a few memorable experiences there, Talia-- Derek's mother, and my older sister-- decided that she didn't ever want us going back. She knew how dangerous it was and took the memory of its location from us,"