𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ϟ

Start from the beginning

"Okay, well, Mom, how can we help?" Scott asked nervously as I pulled on a pair of gloves.

"Honey, you can't," Melissa replied sadly, "His lung is collapsed. His heart is being pushed against his chest cavity, so--"

"He's going to die, isn't he?" Scott asked grimly and I placed my hand on Danny's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"...No. No, he's not," Melissa told us as I grabbed the scissors from the table. "Scott, you grab the tape," She said to her son and looked towards me, "Cut his shirt open," I nodded and I moved the scissors towards his T-shirt. I cut through the soft fabric before pulling the shirt away from his chest.

Melissa dug through a metal drawer and pulled out a long needle. "He's not breathing," I told her and she took the cap off of the needle. She moved his finger over the top of his left peck and pushed down lightly. She took a deep breath before plunging the needle into his chest, pulling back on the syringe part.

Danny inhaled a deep breath as the pressure lifted off of his lungs. He exhaled softly and I looked up at Melissa with a smile on my face. "Thank you," Danny told her weakly and she chuckled softly.

"That was awesome!" Scott exclaimed, proudly and I agreed with him.

"It was no problem. You know, I mean, it wasn't a big deal," She replied modestly.

ϟ

I walked outside with Scott, wanting to make sure he was good to go before heading back to the hospital. I also wanted to know if he's talked to Derek since I haven't had the time to check on him. Before I could ask him anything, Ethan walked up to us with his hands in the air, as if he was surrendering. "I know you're not gonna believe me, but I didn't do anything," He told us and Scott spun his helmet between his fingers.

"All I know is that the minute that you got here, you went right for Danny, and your brother went for Lydia," Scott accused and Ethan sighed.

"I don't think you did that," I piped up and both boys looked at me, "That was mistletoe... if you haven't noticed. And I don't think that's very, ya know, werewolf-like," I've never heard of a werewolf that poisons its victims, especially with something as odd as mistletoe.

"Exactly," Ethan agreed, "We're not gonna hurt him," He told Scott and I could see that he was still skeptical.

"Why should I believe you?" Scott asked and I could understand why he was still hesitant. Ethan and Aidan were part of the Alpha pack that wanted Derek dead. Not exactly the most trustworthy people here.

"Because we knew one of them was gonna be important to you... And now we know it's Lydia." Ethan explained and that's when something caught my eye. A car with its headlights on, driving wildly in a zig-zag pattern. I moved away from Ethan and Scott, still staring at the car as it crashed into a smaller vehicle.

"Oh God," I gasped as I ran away from the boys. I stopped in front of the car and pulled open the driver's door. The only thing was, the car was empty. I looked around the empty vehicle, trying to see if there was anyone hurt or any sign of who's car it was.

Scott reached past me and grabbed something off the driver's seat. Lifting it up in the air, Scott, Ethan, and I stared at the dead butterfly, that he held between his fingers.

ϟ

I flipped through my chemistry notebook as the teacher walked in, setting a textbook on the desk. I looked up and to my dismay, it was Ms. Blake. I rolled my eyes discreetly as I grabbed a blue pen from my backpack. Later last night, Scott and Stiles told me that they had found a body after I left, and it was the ER attending.