𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ϟ

Start from the beginning

As I stared at everyone, I knew this wasn't going to end well, and someone was going to get hurt. Derek was the first to attack, running straight towards Deucalion. Before he could reach him, Kali attacked him, kicking him in the face. That's when hell broke loose.

The twins both flipped down to the ground and when they landed, they were in a completely new form. The twins had merged into a huge werewolf and honestly, I didn't even know that was possible.

Ennis ran towards me and I was ready for a rematch. Taking a big swipe at me, I ducked under him and slashed his thigh, hard. He spun around and grabbed me, throwing me into one of the pillars. I crumpled to the ground, cement crumbling next to me. I moved back to my feet and saw that Boyd was now taking my place in the fight.

I watched Scott get thrown into the wall, just as I did a few seconds ago. I ran towards the twin's new form, ready to attack. They swung their fist at me but I quickly dodged and kicked them in the chest, making them stumble back a few steps. I ran at them, taking the upper hand as I tried to kick their legs from underneath them. But instead, they grabbed my leg and threw me to the side.

I did a side flip and landed in a crouch position, eyes narrowed at their body. I got back up with Isaac and we both gave each other a look. As if our mind connected, we both sprinted towards them, but instead of blocking my hit, they grabbed me by the throat. Lifting me in the air, I clawed at their arms as my vision blurred. Finally, they let me go and I dropped to my knees as they grabbed Scott and Isaac.

"Kill him," Deucalion told Derek as I pushed myself up to my knees, "The others can go," Before I could move, Ennis already had his claws around the back of my neck, squeezing it tightly. I winced as his claws dug into my skin, slowly drawing blood.

"You're beaten. Do it, Derek," Deucalion continued as Derek looked at Boyd, "Take the first step,"

"Are we serious with this kid? Look at him!" Kali scoffed as she looked at Derek, "He's an Alpha? To what? A couple of useless teenagers?"

"Some have more promise than others..." Deucalion told her as he looked towards Scott. I struggled against Ennis's grip, trying to pull away, but it was useless.

"Let him rise to the occasion, then!" She shouted back, "What'll it be, Derek?" She asked him, "Pack or family?" She stepped harder on Cora's neck.

I looked between Derek and Deucalion, praying that he would choose neither. I couldn't bear the fact that Derek would kill someone for power, and deep down, I knew he couldn't either. My eyes met Dereks and for a split second, I saw his eyes flash. Not a different color, but an emotion.

Suddenly he ducked as an arrow whizzed past his head; Allison. The arrow flew straight into the twins, making them let go of Isaac and Scott as they dropped to the floor. Another arrow was shot into the ground, setting the cement in a bright flash of white light. I covered my eyes as Deucalion yelled at his pack "Your eyes, cover your eyes,"

A third arrow flew towards me and I managed to duck before it lit up. Ennis wasn't as lucky. He stumbled around holding his head and I could tell he was in pain. More arrows rained down on the Alpha pack as I covered my eyes, trying not to get blinded.

I moved to my feet and towards Boyd, Cora, and Derek. "Take him," Derek told us as he handed Boyd to Cora. "You need to go," He told me.

"I'm staying if you're staying," I declared and I knew that he couldn't say no, not anymore. I turned around to see Scott and Ennis running to each other. When they made contact, it was as if a bomb went off. Dust blasted away from them as both werewolves slid away. The only thing that was different when Scott looked up, was that his eyes weren't gold; They were red.

Blinking for a second, his eyes changed back to gold and I knew everyone saw what happened. Kali noticed me staring and took it as a chance to attack. She ran towards me as Derek attacked Ennis. I blocked her kick, as I swung my claws towards her stomach. She dodged my attack and kicked again, slashing me in the collarbone.

I fell to the ground, blood staining my shirt. I pushed up to my elbows as I watched Ennis and Derek fight. My breath was shaky and I was growing weak as I saw them approach the edge. The two werewolves wrestled until Scott managed to scratch Ennis in the leg.

Ennis roared as I pushed to my feet. I stumbled towards them, hoping to reach Derek in time, but I was too late. "Derek!" His name ripped from my throat as I watched him fall. My knees shook as I looked over the edge, watching as his body hit the broken escalators below. The crash echoed through the empty mall, bouncing off all the stone walls and broken windows.

I snapped my head towards Deucalion, furious, "Is this what you wanted!" I screamed at him. I stormed towards him, ready to kill him myself. "He's dead because of you," I seethed as Kali grabbed my arm, pulling me away from my father.

He gave Kali a motion to let go of me and I quickly pulled out of her grasp. "I just wanted some family bonding," He replied calmly and I scoffed. "Look, Sydney, this could've been avoided if he just killed a member of his pack. If he took that final step,"

"You're a psychopath," I spat at him, angrily.

"I'm not a psychopath... I'm just a man with a vision," He told me and I looked at him in disgust. I took a step backward and then another step, keeping my eye on him the entire time. When I got to Scott, I could see him still looking over the edge. I closed my eyes, trying to avert them from Derek's bloody and seemingly lifeless body.

"Are you listening? Syd?" Stiles asked me and I quickly opened my eyes. I was sitting on the moving bus with Stiles and Lydia sitting across from me in a separate seat. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Sorry," I rubbed my head, "Can you repeat what you said?"

He sighed, "So, it's the sacrifices, right? Everything has to do with them and someone who thinks he's, like, a dark Druid of some kind..."

"Or actually is a dark Druid," Lydia added.

"A Darach," Stiles replied, and slowly, the pounding in my head disappeared.

"You know..." I piped up, "Some ancient cultures sacrificed people in preparation for battle..." I remember Alex had to research something for history or some other class and he kept mentioning druids.

"So, we've got Alpha Werewolves against a dark Druid?" Stiles said grimly and I nodded softly as I took a deep breath,

"Yeah,"