𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ϟ

Start from the beginning

I flashed my eyes and growled at them as Argent came behind them in his car. They roared at him and ran towards the school like planned. Derek was inside, claws out ready for them to attack, but instead of attacking him, they ran over the school. I ran towards Derek, Scott, and Argent. "The back doors-- someone has to get them open," Argent said as he stopped in front of the school.

"We need to drive them inside," I said and Argent pulled out a large electric stick.

"I can do it, I'm faster," Isaac grabbed the stick and ran towards the back of the school.

"Okay," I said once Isaac was gone, "Derek, Scott and I will go into the school and trap them in the boiler room, Argent and Isaac will stay out here and find us when the sun starts to rise," Everybody agreed with my plan and we ran into the school. We rushed down the hallway and when Derek spotted Cora, he shoved her into the lockers. Boyd stopped and turned around and Derek threw Cora to him. He roared loudly and Scott and I held our ground, blocking the exit.

"Come and get us," Derek yelled a the three of us ran to the boiler room, drawing Boyd and Cora to follow us. Derek threw open the basement door and ran down the steps, Scott and I close behind. We rushed into the dark boiler room and moved to the side. I could see their bright gold eyes through the dark, claws scraping the railings as they walked towards us. I grabbed the fire extinguisher off of the wall and sprayed it at them, clouding their vision with the white smoke.

I looked at Derek and he grabbed my arm, pulling me away from the two crazed werewolves. We ran back up the stairs and slammed the door shut. Derek locked it and put his body weight against it as Cora and Boyd tried to get out. My heart was racing as I leaned on the old brick wall, trying to catch my breath.

Then it grew quiet. "Did that actually just work?" Scott asked as he stared at the solid metal door.

"It worked," Derek said with a proud smile on his face as he leaned away from the door and slid to the ground. And that's when I heard it. "What do you hear?" Derek asked me as I walked towards the door, pressing my ear against it.

"Heartbeats... three of them," Both boys looked at me. "There's someone else in there," I told them and I put my hand on the lock.

"What're you doing?" Derek asked and I looked at him.

"I'm going in there," I told him.

"No, you'll die, they'll rip you to shreds," He said as he pulled me away from the door.

"Well, whoever's in there will die and I'm not letting another innocent person die," I replied as I tried to pull my arm out of his tight grip.

"Fine, I'll go then. I'm an Alpha, I'll last longer," Derek said as he let go of my arm and walked towards the door, "Close the door behind me and keep it shut," He told Scott as he opened the door and rushed in. I tried to talk him out of it but he was already inside and the door was already shut.

I angrily punched the wall, cracking it slightly before sliding down it. "If he dies, I'm going to bring him back to life and kill him myself," I growled and punched the wall again. "Why is he so stubborn,"

"He's like you," Scott said as he sat on one of the steps, and I looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "You're so stubborn that I think it rubbed off on him,"

I smiled softly, "Probably," but my smile soon dropped when I could hear roars through the door. I put my head into my knees, trying to block out the loud crashes and screams from inside. The door banged a few times as the growls got louder. "Make it stop, please," I pleaded quietly as the banging got louder.

"Guys! The suns coming up," Isaac said from the top of the staircase. I jumped up and pulled open the door, heart racing. I rushed down the stairs and into the boiler room and that's when I saw Boyd and Cora on the ground and Derek kneeling in the middle, shirt shredded and bloody. He slowly lifted his head and it took everything in my power not to run and hug him.

"There's a teacher... I'll take care of her... get them out of here," He told us in between breaths. I walked over to Cora, Isaac, and Scott following in tow. Isaac and Scott picked Boyd and Cora up and took them out of the boiler room.

I looked at Derek and crouched down beside him, "I'm glad you didn't die," I lifted my hand up to lay on his shoulder, but I hesitated and decided against it. I stood up and walked out of the room without another word.

Before I could leave, Scott pulled me aside, hand gripping my forearm. "Stiles called, he's found something," The two of us made our way outside while Isaac and Argent put Cora and Boyd in the backseats.

"Can you take them back to Derek's?" I asked Argent, knowing that when Derek gets back, he'd want to talk to them.

"Sure thing," He replied, "You two need to get home and get changed," I agreed and Scott pulled me away.

By the time the two of us got to the hospital, Stiles was already there waiting anxiously for us. Without another word, he led us into the morgue section of the hospital and towards two tables. Laying on the tables semi-covered in a sheet were two kids, both sickly pale and dead.

One of the kids was a girl who I immediately recognized as Heather. She had bruises around her neck as well as a knife slash which has already been cleaned. Stiles pulled the sheet over her and we all went quiet for a second until I decided to speak up. "So, Boyd and Cora might not have killed anyone?" I asked quietly.

"You're gonna wish they did," Stiles replied grimly.

"Why?" Scott asked.

"The other girl who was out in the woods, Emily? Eventually, they're gonna find her," Stiles explained, "She's one of them. Emily, Heather, that guy Lydia found at the pool? All three were virgins. And they're all gonna have the same three injuries-- strangled, throat-slashed, head bashed in. It's called the three-fold death,"

"So, if these aren't random killings, then what are they?" Scott questioned and I sighed, already knowing the answer.

"Sacrifices," I mumbled, "Human sacrifices,"

Everything was starting to turn from a bleak grey to a dark black. If you thought this was going to be a happy ever after story, you're wrong. Because none of those stories involve werewolves, or at least if they do, they never end well.