𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ϟ

Start from the beginning

"You want to trap them inside?" Derek asked skeptically.

"If there's a strong enough door, with no windows or access to the outside..." Argent said, thinking out loud.

"What about the boiler room? It's just one big steel door," I told the group, "Scott, Stiles, and I used it last year when we tried trapping Peter. There shouldn't be anyone in the school, not at this hour,"

"Then we use the school," Argent said as he headed back to his car. The four of us followed behind him and watched as he reached into his big bag of tricks. He pulled out a large metal stake and stuck it into the ground. "These are ultrasonic emitters-- it's one of the tools we use to corral Werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run. It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear." He clicked the button and I felt as if my head was about to explode.

I pressed my hands to my ears, hoping to drown out the high pitch sound. "God, no kidding," I said and he looked up. He shut the emitters off an walked to his car. He opened a large briefcase filled with the emitters and started passing them out to each of us.

"These are gonna drive them to the school?" Derek asked as he grabbed one and passed another to me.

"Then it's up to you to get them into the basement," Argent told him as he passed more emitters to the group.

"Does anyone else want to rethink the plan where we just, uh... kill them?" Isaac said and I rolled my eyes.

"This is gonna work. It has to," I said optimistically.

Then we were off. The five of us split up, the wolves on foot and Argent on wheels. We were going to cover all of the necessary ground in a good amount of time. I was trusted with three emitters since we didn't need a whole lot.

I ran through the forest, hearing leaves and twigs crack under my boots. I jumped over a log and stabbed one of the emitters into the ground. The light from it flashed through the forest and then I was off again. I slid down a hill covered in fallen brown and orange leaves. I got up and continued to run. The breeze blew my hair behind me and I felt like I was on top of the world. I through an emitter into a tree and saw the light flash, signaling that it was on. I sprinted through the thicket and I was soon in the parking lot of the school. I stabbed the final emitter into the ground and ran towards Scott.

"We need to get the doors open," I said as Isaac stopped next to Scott and me.

"We're on it," Scott said and he walked away but before Isaac could leave, I grabbed his arm.

"Have you heard from Derek, he should be here by now?" I asked but Isaac didn't know either.

"Last I saw he was in the wood. If I see him, I'll tell him that you were looking for him," Isaac said but I shook my head.

"It's okay," I replied and let go of his arm. He looked at me questioningly before running off to Scott. "Please don't be dead," I muttered as I thought about Derek being in a forest filled with wild werewolves.

Then I really thought about Derek. I thought about how we were now friends, and I realized that I was glad that he left before I could push him away. Since Alex died, I just felt like I didn't deserve anyone by my side, even if they wanted to help me, I just pushed them away.

I did it too often, to Stiles, Scott... hell, even my brother and mom when I was younger. I couldn't help it, even if I tried to stop, they just end up leaving... just like my dad. But now that he was back and the leader of an Alpha pack, I would've rathered if he stayed away.

"Syd!" I looked up to see Isaac calling me from the fields. I snapped out of my thoughts and rushed towards him, Argent, and Scott. I could hear the howls of Boyd and Cora as I stopped next to Isaac. "Oh great," He muttered and turned around. Standing behind him was none other than Boyd and Cora, claws out, eyes gold.