𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ϟ

Start from the beginning

Before I could read the text, the teacher walked in. "The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth, flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." She walked towards the desk and leaned against it. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone,"

I turned off my phone but kept it on my desk in case of an emergency, as she scribbled her name onto the chalkboard. "Today we will be focusing on a worksheet which will tell you more about the book," She said as she handed everyone a sheet of paper.

As I stared at Ms. Blake, watching as she wrote something on the chalkboard. Normally, I was always on the teacher's good side, but with her... I don't know how to explain it. She just gives me a bad vibe. Some might call it a seventh sense and others might say it's because I'm a werewolf. But this teacher... I don't trust her.

Almost ten minutes had past when the new principal waked in and started whispering to Ms. Blake about Scott. "Mr. McCall?" She asked and pointed to the outside of their class. He hesitantly stood up, closed his notebook, and walked outside to talk to the teacher. Stiles and Lydia were talking about a dog bite and I focused back on my homework.

I continued writing in my notebook, scribbling down answers boredly, when Ms. Blake walked back in without Scott. I twirled my pen between my fingers when I heard a thud. I stared at the small blood splat on the window then at Stiles. Everyone stared at the window, watching as a large flock of birds flew towards the window. "Stiles," I said and he looked at me, "This isn't normal," He quickly agreed before turning back to the window as another bird hit it. Then more and more, all leaving a bloody splat in its place.

The window started to crack and birds flew into the class. "Get down!" Ms. Blake said as she ducked to the ground. More birds flew into the class as I covered my head, trying to swat away the birds. They pecked at my head and my arms as I covered my body.

"Sydney?" Stiles called in a panic as he covered Lydia, "Where are you?" The birds flew around the room, making it hard to see or hear anything.

"I'm here, I'm okay," I said as I crawled over to him. He grabbed my hand and covered me as well. Kids were screaming as the birds attacked them, trying to protect anything that was important.

Then it stopped. I wasn't sure if they all flew back out the window or died, somehow. I slowly lifted my head and stared at the feather-filled class. My hair was a mess, and my face and arms were bloody. I pushed myself up using the desk and looked around at the other students. "Are you guys okay?" Stiles said as he looked between Lydia, Allison, and me.

"I think so," I mumble as I wiped the blood off of my arm, but only made the stain larger. I sighed and dropped my arm. "What even happened?" I asked as I brushed a feather off my shoulder.

"I have no clue, but something isn't right here," Allison said as she tried to fix her hair.

"What did your dad always say? Once, twice..." Lydia asked, trying to remember Stilinski's usual saying.

"One's an incident, two's a coincidence, and three's a pattern," I replied just as the sheriff walked into the room. "There's gotta be something more to this, with the deer, Lydia's dog, and now the birds," I told Stiles and he agreed.

"This is something bigger, I'm calling Scott," Stiles said as he pulled out his phone and walked away for a few minutes.

"What do you think it is?" Lydia asked me and I shrugged.

"I have no clue, but we need to figure it out before someone else does," I told her and walked towards Stiles.

"We're meeting Scott at the Hale House," Stiles told me and I followed him out of the class without thinking.