☾ Prologue

[p r o l o g u e]

[p r o l o g u e]

Camille had always loved flowers, which was probably the reason why she loved her last name so much. Foxglove. When she was younger, it had always delighted her when someone said her name, or talked about the flower. She would always try to pick the foxgloves in the forest behind her house, but her mum had always kept a close eye on her precisely for that reason. They looked beautiful and harmless on the outside, but the flower-loving girl later learned that they were poisonous and so she stopped trying to go after them, just admiring them from afar.

She would wish she was as pretty as them, however dumb that may sound. The girl couldn't remember when it had started, but at some point she started to pick apart her appearance. Or maybe it had always been like that. Camille wasn't sure. Only thing she knew was that everything started to matter at one point. What others thought of her. How others talked to her. How she talked to them. What they said, what she said, what they could do, what she couldn't do, how they looked, how she looked and so on. It was a never ending circle of overthinking, anxiety and insecurities and she couldn't ever make them stop.

When she first came to Hogwarts, everything was different. She barely missed home, and slept safe and sound in the big, unbelievably comfortable beds at the school, feeling special and at home for once. But soon it started again. The anxiety, the overthinking-paranoia, skipping breakfast, the crying and the nightmares, it all came back around her third year more powerful than ever. She had been dealing with it in small portions before, but now it was worse than it had ever been. And it wasn't stopping.

Having to find a release so she wouldn't go around overthinking and having panic attacks every 5 minutes, she started to harm herself. Her wrists were littered with scars that varied in shape, size and colour. Some several months, maybe even over a year old, and some were only a couple days ago. Not even a week. It didn't help that now, in her fifth year at Hogwarts, she would be taking her OWL's, causing her to be more stressed out than ever.

Remus Lupin notices her behavior, immediately the first time he meets her. Having been bitten by the werewolf Fenrir Greyback when he was at the early age of four years old, he had had some practice when it came to his wolf skills. They became natural to him, sometimes even helpful. Being able to hear Mr. Filch's footsteps several corridors away (he had learned to remember exactly how they sounded; limping and heavy but quick and eager to catch students doing things they're not allowed) could sometimes save him and his friends a great load of detentions.

At first it takes him a while to notice, but when he does, he's determined to help his best friend.

And possibly more.