Chapter 2 - The wedding

Sabrina Alicia Kiehl

The music plays around the room as I look into my best friend, Adam who just got married to the love of his life. I'm so happy for him and here I am sitting alone in my seat, while the girls is nowhere to be found probably making out with their date in the restroom or looking for a date. Wedding is beautiful, but I'm just not into it at all. It's just not me, I don't feel like I need it. It's just another celebration that people want in life, while I'm not like other people.

"You again," a voice caught my attention.

I look up at the same person that I met from yesterday, it's just today he's wearing a navy tuxedo just like the other guys because it is their dress code.

"Hey," I calmly say.

Without asking he takes a seat right next to me again, while drinking whatever his drink is. I guess we're staring at the same thing, the newly wedded couple. They're smiling towards one another like this is the happiest day of their life, well I guess it is.

"Why don't you wear the bridesmaids gown?" He asks.

"I'm groom's friend not the bride," I calmly say.

"Oh yeah," he says.

With Adam being married to someone mean that I kinda lost the guy friend that has been around me for the last few years in my life. To be honest I feel a little sad about it, plus I don't really know Thalia but as a woman I understand the sis code, I need to back off.

Ansel is still sitting next to me, calmly drinking on his drink without asking any further thing. Gladly he's not the guy that babble a lot, he's pretty cold and I kinda feel grateful to know the other person who has the same perspective of life especially about marriage and love.

The host suddenly called us to gather around the dance floor for the first dance. "You want to go there?" He finally speaks, asking me. "Yeah let's go," I got up from my seat before we make our way to the dance floor.

I stand right next to Ansel while looking at the bride dancing with her dad. Both of them are smiling towards another, well what a good chemistry I know I will never have that chemistry with my dad. He's been so evil to me for the rest of my life, the only conversation we had is only about how's school, my grade, and my job or else him being mad at me and put all the pressure on my shoulders.

Later the bride started the first dance with Adam which is so beautiful, some girls in this room are tearing up which makes me chuckle. They're too much, this is beautiful but they're overacting.

"Why are you laughing," he asks looking down at me, realizing that I'm the one who laugh in here.

"The bridesmaids are crying, it's funny," I say then he chuckles without saying anything.

A minute later people started to join them dancing on the dance floor, "Do you wanna dance?" He asks then I shake my head, he only laugh then look up at the ceiling playing with his tongue inside of his mouth a little like he's holding laughter.

"Come on we should dance, people around will start to think that you're only a jealous best friend of him," he says before pulling my hand into the dance floor.

"Hey who said that," I ask him before he puts my hand around his neck.

"No one it's just you're the only one who look not happy at all about this wedding," he says while we follow the slow music.

"Even though I know how boring wedding is," he says.

"It's just, don't look so pathetic," he says.

"I'm not pathetic,"