Chapter 32 - Hiding her feelings

Ansel Renaldy

Been so tired lately because of the short getaway, I took a day off on last Friday for the getaway which means I have to work extra hard. I went home very late at night, Sabrina even have gone to sleep last night but she left me slices of pizza in the kitchen. I walk out of my room and I don't see her appearance in the kitchen, maybe she left early or maybe she hasn't wake up yet.

I made myself a coffee and a scrambled egg, I look at our car keys storage and I see her car key is still in it. It means she hasn't left yet, I wanted to check on her but I don't know her schedule and I don't want to wake her up if she's still sleeping, so I decided to leave without waking her up.

The ride to the office feels normal and I got a feeling it is going to be a long day, I don't know why but after the short getaway I feel like I need a long holiday. Maybe couple weeks away out of the town, it suddenly reminds me of Sabrina. We never went for a honeymoon after our wedding and I haven't really think about that. I still have some free days to take a day off, I actually still have many of them because I didn't use my day off after I got married. But does she want to go?

~

It's almost lunch time and I've been thinking about what to eat for lunch, I'm starving right now and of course I need a break for a moment. Maybe an ice chocolate would be good, oh Salmon grilled for dinner would be good, should I go home early today to cook us some dinner? Or should I just take away some food from the nearest restaurant on the way back to the apartment? I was wondering what to eat when my office door being opened without even a single knock by none other than my step mother. She enters my room looking furious, what happened to this woman.

"Would you mind to knock first," I said to her while she's standing in front of my table.

"What did you do to her Ansel?!" She suddenly asked me,

What is she talking about? Who is she?

"Excuse me?" I asked her.

"What did you do to Sabrina?!" She asked me which makes me more and more confused, what does she even mean?

"What do you mean?!" I asked her.

"You're a lawyer of course you lie all the time but I'll never be silent if you hit a woman," She said then I got up in shock, I would never hurt any woman especially her.

"What the hell?! I will never hurt any woman especially her!" I said to her.

"Then why does she got bruises on her face?!" She asked me .

What?

"She may told me that she fell but eyes can't lie, she's afraid!" She said then I shake my head.

"I will never hurt her,"

"I haven't even met her since last night she slept in the other room," I said then she gave me a look.

"It's not like we're in a fight, she was doing her assignment that is why she slept in the other room," I explained to her while keep thinking, what happened to her while I'm gone.

Who even brave enough to hit her or to do harm to her? bruised?

"I can't believe you Ansel, I'm sorry," she said before turning around to leave my room.