Chapter 22

Zayn Evans

I can't stop thinking about what Kate said. It was messing up my mind so bad. 

"But know one thing, she isn't mad. She is hurt."

Why was she hurt? Hurt cause I didn't voice out when I was supposed  to? Is that because she likes me too? Hell, yeah! That is why she's hurt! Why didn't I think about this earlier! Damn!

Aurora likes me too and here I am thinking that she hates me. When did I become so dumb? Something is surely wrong with me. Should I talk to her? No. Anyway we will be going to Paris. I'll talk to her then. I'm so excited.

But why am I so excited? Like I don't even know what's wrong? 

Why am I laughing at the things which I'd never even bother smiling about? Why am I dying to talk to someone or hear her talk when I am someone who has always been a rude ass guy? Why do I feel like I must protect her? And why am I feeling ecstatic seeing her simply smile? Is this that? I mean..... love? Is this what it feels like to be in love? I remember calling love as a foul word all my life but what am I doing now? Have I fallen prey to it too? Maybe nobody escapes it? Am I falling into a deep abyss? 

"No. You are falling for your girl. For your love. And falling is never wrong for your loved ones. It means that the other person you love will lift you up so that you both enjoy life together. It's not a deep abyss. It's bliss on Earth. A blessing God chose to give humans. A blessing without whom we'd all be doomed. A blessing without there was no mankind. A blessing without whom the world was dead," said my heart which unleashed something good inside me.

Narration

Kate got a call from her dad saying that she had to meet his friend as he was going to hand over an important file. Her father can't come and attend because he was held back in America. He asked her to keep the file safe and he will collect it later. So, Kate will be skipping school today.

She dropped Aurora at school and left. Aurora on the other hand wasn't feeling good. She just ignored everything and went to school cause the teacher called her today regarding the party. She was now waiting outside the staff room which was locked.

Then came Zayn, with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He made his way lazily and stood next to Aurora. She didn't expect him to come neither did he. They both never uttered a word and stood in silence. Awkward silence.

Then came the teacher. They all went in and the teacher started, "Zayn and Aurora, I want you both to go to this place today," she handed over a note to him and continued, "Our school's General Secretary invited you guys for dinner as he wants to see you guys and congratulate you both on your work, before going to Paris. He was quite impressed to be honest. So you guys should go to his house and meet him today evening. Please go together," she finished.

They both couldn't deny so they accepted and left the place.

"So...I'll pick you up?" said Zayn, rather as a question instead of a statement.

Aurora gave "what the hell" look.

"Don't look at me like that. Didn't you hear what she said? GO TOGETHER! And that is what it means," he said chuckling.

"Oh, right. When are we leaving then?" asked Aurora.

"We'll leave by 6, cause the meeting is at 7 and it's a bit far from here," he said.

"Alright. I'll be ready," she said to which he nodded. 

"Alright. See ya," he said as he looked at her.