Chapter 19

Zayn Evans

It's been two days since the incident and I'd be terribly lying  if I say I didn't miss her. Let's face it. I missed her so much. Her sassy talks, eye rolls, glarings, gorgeous smiles and her whole presence. I missed every single thing about her. And I'm in a place where I can show none of it. Won't it damage my bad boy reputation? 

We did see each other at school but she never once tried to talk to me nor did I. She seemed completely fine without me. I mean, I know we are not that close but again I feel terrible. She was laughing, smiling and was completely normal but without me. She was not even affected. Not even a bit. Does she not feel anything for me like I feel for her?

I can't really keep my eyes to myself when she's around. At times, she feels my stares on her and turns back, but I immediately look away. I don't want her to know that I miss her and that I am feeling affected by it. Why should I? I don't want to be in that pathetic state.

 The car halted and killed my train of thoughts. I arrived at Harry's club and got out of my car. It's my buddy's birthday. I entered and saw him looking great in all his glories. My friends are hot, man. On seeing me, he gave me his boyish smile and went and gave him a brotherly hug. 

"Happiest birthday, dork!" I said, hitting his arm.

"Thank you, dorkiest dork," he said, chuckling.

"Where's Ryan?"

"He was somewhere here. I don't know where," he said.

I glared at him. Was that even an answer? Dork.

Time passed as guests were all over the place. Ryan and I were busy greeting people and just sat down for a shot. The party was amazing and Harry's the best in it. No perverted girls ready to fall on me. Classy people all over. Nice. This is my kinda party. Crowds just annoy me.

My thoughts were disturbed when I saw a very familiar figure walking in. My eyes popped out seeing Aurora here. Harry never told me. Bastard. I felt my heart beat faster by just looking at her. Her black dress made her look ethereal. She looked like a fucking goddess. I simply couldn't take my eyes off of her. She is probably the only one who can make me feel all these kinda weird feelings. 

Her mesmerising brown orbs locked with mine for a few seconds and then she looked away. God, it was intense. I wish it lasted long. I don't want to look like a pervert shamelessly checking her out so with great difficulty, I averted my gaze from her.

This evening is going to be really long.

Narration

Aurora gifted Harry a platinum bracelet with 'Brother' carved on it in italics and Kate gifted him a birthday card. The party was going on and Aurora and Kate were having a chat. The lights, the people made her giddy but she stayed anyway. They both were eating their favourite stuff and surprisingly there were many chocolates dishes which made Aurora jump in happiness. Kate excused herself and went to the washroom while Aurora was waiting outside for her.

A guy in early twenties, wearing an expensive suit, had his eyes on her right from the beginning and decided to approach her. 

"Hello, my lady," he said as he stood in front of her with a flirtatious smile on his face.

"Excuse me? Your lady?" She asked with a mocking laugh which irked him.

"Cocky much? What is a gorgeous girl like you doing alone? If you wish, we could have fun. Together," he said smirking and his perverted eyes looked at her from head to toe making her uncomfortable but she was determined not to show it to him.