Chapter Sixteen

Regression

Puno ng galit ang puso ko ng maglakad ako papunta sa aking silid. Mabibigat na yapak ang aking naibibigay na rinig na rinig sa buong palasyo. Hindi ko alam na kaya niyang gawin saakin iyon, the level of betrayal that he made me feel is immaculate. Sabi niya mahal niya ako?

If you love someone, you wouldn't want to hurt them in the first place.

Ito ba?

Ito ba ang dahilan kung bakit siya nawawala tuwing gabi? Para tulungan niya ang kuya niyang dakpin ang pamilya ko?

Anong mapapala niya sa pagsunod sa demonyo niyang ama?

My eyes closed as I remembered the times we shared.

We were on the rooftop of Heron's palace. Looking at the stars and moon. It's been a while. A month or so. As we were together, we got to know each other.

"P-Pride?" she stuttered to ask.

"Hmmmm?"

She was inside his arms, enjoying the warmth he's giving from his pale body.

"When are you going to mark me?" I asked.

He smiled.

"Due time, I know you're still not ready yet."

I bit my lowerlip. He knows me more than I do, how sweet.

"But do you accept the bond?" I asked. Hoping he would say yes.

He chuckled.

"Of course I do. Our times together made me know you more. Therefore I know that you are indeed the woman I prayed for."

My heart skipped a beat. A demon's child? Praying?

Pinitik niya naman ang aking noo.

"I'm the demon's son, not the demon himself, so yes princess, I can pray to whichever God there is,"

I chuckled.

"How can you say?" I asked once more.

His smile widened.

"I know everything about you. How you like being cuddled. How you take your books by heart. How you like your eggs well done. How you like your hair down rather than tied. I know too that you love history, you act and fool everybody as if you're not smart but deep down you are."

I was speechless. I've been with several people my whole life, and only Pride pointed that trait of mine out.

How did he know?

"If you're asking how did I know, simply because I pay attention to everything you do. I might not be a veteran with this love thing, but I do know that when you love someone, you must pay attention."