Chapter Nine

The book keeper

"Why are we looking at Zettie?" Ceña whispered at Nathan.

Nathan just chuckled in response as he shook his head too.  Not knowing how to answer his friend.

"Zettie? What's with Zettie?" Viperine asked Heron. But then suddenly something clicked inside of them as they exchanged glances.

"Have you guys ever wondered why she's here in the first place while her pack and home is at Venice?" Heron said with a matter of fact tone. I gulped as I was readying myself on what's gonna happen next.

"Oh yeah, why is she here?" Franky asked, knowing the fact that I can't control my powers, but they do not have the idea that it was 'that' bad.

"Not that I don't want you here, just curious babe." she added as she gave me a light smile.

I then replied with a gentle one.

"Since her powers are uncontrollable, she decided to train here. Did you ever wonder what's her power?"

They then gave Heron a matter of fact look. In which means they're impatient to know the answer to the question.

"What is her power?" asked Franky to finally cut to the chase.

I smiled shyly once more.

"Remove your gloves Zette." Heron commanded. I held a deep breath once more.

Opening my palms, I let it all out before I moved away a bit from them.

I then removed my gloves. The tiny tornadoes were still there, but as what Franky said—I should control my powers and don't let it control me. I can't be controlled. Never. So I closed my eyes as I heard them gasped. I focused on the sound of the wind. The places that it was going to. I compassed my hand to the left and right and opened my eyes once more.

Then I saw little cute tornadoes around the library. I smiled at them. I could see the colors of the wind. I wonder if they can too.

"S-she's a main elemental user," Ceña said in shock.

I just smiled slyly.

"She must be the girl that Via stated that was meaning to come." Viperine concluded.

I looked at her with disbelief. I couldn't be. Can I?

The girl in the prophecy?

"There's only one way to find out." said Nathan and looked at me intently.

I might be scared, but I have to try. I have to try painting the color of the wind. For my people, for myself, for my friends. I have to prove that I am more than my werewolf self. I am so much more than who I am. So much more.

They looked at me and I gave them a nod as a go signal. Humugot ako ng isang malalim na hininga at tiningnan ang mga ipo-ipong pinakawalan ko. They were 5 total. One dark blue, one ocean green, two purple, one yellow. I focused as I  compassed my hand in front of me,  the tornadoes then followed it.