The Entire Agency

Sir Nighteye sat on his couch as he watched the broadcast. His eyes were on one man. Kakurete.

All Might, Toshinori Yagi might have retired, and the title of Hero might have been disbanded, but the country still honoured him. In the last session of Parliament before the election, the Prime Minister Kiyoshi Takenaka had declared a minute of silence to mark the occasion of Toshinori's death.

Yagi had been found by one of the people who helped to maintain his house. An ambulance, with a quirk user paramedic had been called, but it was too late. He had suffered a massive heart attack, sometime the night before. He'd obviously felt it, because he'd fallen, and Sir Nighteye had read the police report. All Might had been reaching out for something when he'd fallen. His phone. Yagi had left his phone in his jacket pocket, and his jacket had been hanging up on the rack.

According to the Police, there was no sign of foul play. Sir Nighteye wasn't sure. Toshinori wasn't that old but he was, and had been, ill for many years. Well, not so much ill, as injured. Retirement had helped, but the battles against All For One had left their scars. Given Sir Nighteye's visions, Toshinori had done well to live as long as he had.

But All Might's former sidekick couldn't help the feeling that something was wrong. The timing was just too fortuitous for Kakurete. Mirio had been making a come back in the polls with Toshinori's support, and now he was dead.

Except, Sir Nighteye had checked. Every member of the League he could find had been exactly where they were meant to be at the time of Toshi's death. And if the League was going to kill All Might, they wouldn't have let underlings do it. Spinner was up in Sapporo. Toga was in Miyazaki. Kurogiri in Kyoto and Dabi was in Tokyo but he had definitely been in one of the holes he used to hide from society. Besides, if any of them had killed Toshi, there would have been evidence.

Imoku was having dinner with his frail mother. The woman had a few stints in a private hospital recently. He'd tried to get the records, as an insight into Kakurete but they had good security. Unlike BioSimip.

Sir Nighteye looked at the screen. Imoku Kakurete was standing with the rest of the House of Representatives and had his head bowed. He was the very picture of respect. The former sidekick knew it was false. Underneath that saddened mask there was a smug smile. And soon enough, he'd prove it.

BioSimip, with their QERI contract with the government, had to give up various records on request. He had made a request and the records had been forwarded to him in good time. At least, those in charge of that at BioSimip knew how to do their job. He hadn't read through them yet. Instead, he'd managed to find a disgruntled employee from BioSimip. The man was a pharmaceutical chemist and for some reason he was pissed at what they were doing. Pissed enough that he would break contract and speak to him.

Sir Nighteye had agreed to ensure that man's grievances were taken care of, and given that they were with BioSimip, that was likely to be a relatively easy job. Heroes might have had to integrate but he still had contacts, and if BioSimip were breaking the law, then that had to be dealt with. No matter what contracts they had.

That meeting was tomorrow. In the meantime, he had been investigating Toshi's death and reading online articles about Kakurete. They hadn't been able to find information about him legitimately, so for the moment, hearsay and speculation were potential resources. There was some truth in hearsay. The trick was finding it. Because Imoku Kakurete had appeared on the scene so suddenly, to take over the running of Kunshu and then becoming a Representative, they weren't the only ones who had looked into his past. Most of the others had found the information Sir Nighteye was sure had been planted and left it at that. Why wouldn't they? They were only looking to know the man better, they weren't looking to bring him down. Others had added speculation as to his motives. That was what Sir Nighteye was reading.