Confrontation

Without Hawks' body, a determination of his fate could not be revealed to the public. Imoku has informed us, via Toga that the HPSB is keeping a lid on the Number One Hero's disappearance. They have instructed his agency and sidekicks to say he is on a long term mission.

As if you could send the number one hero on a long term mission! You can, but not one that is undercover. They are simply too recogniseable.

The media is keeping quiet. I understand why Hawks' sidekicks keep quiet. It's their job, but the media's job is to report. They are a part of the corruption of society. They serve the highest bidder, and soon enough that bidder will be the League.

Tomura has been distracted with his toys. I thought he should be more active, that the League should be more active but I am reassured that it will be fine. Imoku, again through Toga gave me a message. He said it would be find to indulge for now since time was required for the public to mull over events. Time was required for the government to do so as well.

Change couldn't be achieved in a day. Or rather, it could but that was usually brutal, temporary change. What the League wants is something more permanent. That's what Izuku is working towards and I understand that type of change takes time.

Who ever thought that one of the problems I'd experience in my career is boredom? Or not specifically boredom but something else... Just routine. There is not much to do but tend the new bar. That should be the new, new bar, and try to think of anything that can be done to forward our case. We could do many things, but I do not wish the League to become known for mindless violence. Our strikes have a purpose, though the world has yet to recognise that.

They will. For now, we will wait.

-afop-

Aizawa stood on the edge of the crowd. He wasn't sure he wanted to be here, but he had done many things in the course of his career that he wasn't sure about. He'd just never expected that attending a political rally would be one of them.

Especially not for a very popular independent member of the House of Representatives. But Representative Imoku Kakurete was giving a speech and while Aizawa had listened to a lot of his speeches already, this was the first time he had been to one live.

The man was a great orator. He was playing the crowd with careful words and key phrases. They were hanging on his words. It was something unheard of for a first term Representative but there it was.

Except... Nedzu was right. Aizawa's investigation confirmed that. There was something up with the Representative. What annoyed the Pro-Hero was that he still didn't know what. He just couldn't find the key which would make the puzzle make sense. It was infuriating, which was why he was here. Maybe if he saw Imoku, maybe if he could feel the way Imoku moved, the way Imoku thought he could find that missing piece.

He was keeping his expression hidden as Imoku talked. It was one of those topics that Aizawa really didn't like hearing about, even if it was true.

"-keep putting this off. We keep ignoring the obvious. We are hoping that the problem will just go away. But it's not going away," Imoku said. "It won't go away that easily," he added, looking sad.

Aizawa was more than sad. He was furious. The emotion was directed inwards and was directed at all the other heroes! How had they let it come to this?

"Many heroes are now facing retirement, or are facing lengthy times of leave. As the public we can berate that, but we can not begrudge them. It is for their health, and while many still believe sickness is physical, those of us who are enlightened, those who are wise, recognise that sickness is in the mind as well. Thus, we must allow our heroes that time to heal, we must allow them time to recover. To do anything less would be abuse."