Fallout

I think I can forgive Imoku asking for a shake in exchange for what he gave us. I made it extra sugary. Tomura was torn between wanting to go to demand answers from Izuku and gloating over Overhaul. Still, it wasn't that long before Toga came back. Apparently they'd cut the usual dinner short. I made sure Toga had seen Imoku eat a lot.

She rolled her eyes, and reminded me that she had been feeding her baby Izuku for the last two years...

The name she used did not go unnoticed but at least she had the sense to refer to Izuku only when she was alone with us. Finding out how she knows that name is something Overhaul can tell us. Himiko relayed some details and she even looked ashamed that she had been, at least partially, to blame for Imoku being found by Overhaul. She said something about owing him a favour. She positively glowed at the thought. I knew she liked older men but I wonder what she'd think if she knew Izuku was her own age.

Tomura waved her explanation off. He was too pleased with having Overhaul.

I'm not sure if he realises that Izuku used one of the quirk-destroying bullets we had given him. Maybe Tomura has noticed it and believes the payoff is worth the price. That would be like him. He's used to using rare items in games for an appropriate reward. Quirkless Overhaul is a very good reward.

I had thought that Izuku was going to copy the bullets. I am not sure what I feel about him having one stashed at his supposed mother's apartment. It makes me wonder where the other bullet is. I cannot argue the fact that it was used for a good purpose.

Tomura is currently wondering what to do with Overhaul. Personally I believe that making him into a Noumu would be interesting, though that would be far easier with Sensei. Forcing extra quirks into a person with one, drives them insane, though to be fair, at least some of the men used as the base for each Noumu have had a loose grip on sanity to begin with. The number of quirks required to drive a person insane depends on their mental strength and how closely related their quirk is to the one being forced into them. Someone with a strength augmentation quirk is likely to be able to withstand a shock absorption quirk but will not be able to handle any emitter type quirks.

Izuku is proof that a quirkless person can accept at least two quirks. Sensei was very clear that Izuku has two quirks, though I am still not sure what the second one is. I will have to ask Himiko if she knows. I suspect she doesn't. Toga is not stupid, so she will be aware that Izuku has two quirks but she will not know the details of the second.

Tomura doesn't care. But what I wonder is how someone who has had their quirk removed would handle the process of becoming a Noumu. Would they count as quirkless? Or would their body, like their mind, still remember their previous quirk?

I probably won't find out. It is a passing interest.

Of more interest than the mess Tomura will make of Overhaul is what is happening in the hero world. The HPSB finally issued their psychological assessment to the Heroes of Japan.

The fall out has been glorious. So many failures.

Villains have always known the truth so many of the public ignore. Most Heroes are in the gig for money, fame and glory. There are very few who enter the industry with the desire to truly help people.

I am not so naive as to believe that the HPBS assessment focused on that. For the younger ones, those in training, there will be some assessment of their desire. For the elder heroes, those with a proven record, then the test will have been geared to their mental stability.