I AM KATERINA PETROVA...LOVELY

The Vampire Diaries' fan base has proved to be the strongest fandom I have ever known. When the pilot was first released, however, their expectations were shattered as our favourite characters have underwent drastic changes (the most being the absence of a blonde, blue-eyed Elena Gilbert and a red-headed, petite Bonnie McCullough). Soon, the show turned into a toxic addiction (one can't possibly ignore Matty Blue Eyes, Damon the Eternal Stud, Stefan the Broody Ripper, Vampire Barbie and Bonnie the Witch of Mystic Falls!).

  My favourite character has always been Katerina Petrova, or otherwise known as Katherine Pierce. Not taking into consideration her bitchy, selfish and remorseless vampire self, I can't deny that she was merely driven by humans' most natural instinct, that of survival. I admire her, hate her, love her and most of all, I anticipate her snarky, seductive remarks full of hidden agendas.
  This is why I have come to love The Vampire Diaries show, despite its trademark for stupidity, impulsiveness and martyrdom complex (the latter applies mostly to Elena).

  This is also why I am taking back my words. Why, you say? Oh, it's simple. I happen to be Katerina Petrova. Yes. The one and only. And guess what? I am totally calm. Perfectly collected.
  I blame my reaction to the fact that the reality of my supposed, possible "transmigration" into the body of a manipulative and villainous vampire has yet to register. That's probably why.

Let's rewind, shall we?

  I was watching the Vampire Diaries' eighth season when I received an unknown e-mail (well, you don't read anonymous e-mails!). It encouraged me to vote for my favourite character. I picked Katherine, obviously. Then, it asked whose destiny I wanted to change the most. Again, I picked Katherine.
  In my head, I was going through several possible plans that could save her from a very sad and lonely death, even though she kind of deserved it. But before I could register anything, my laptop's screen went black and I fainted.

Long story short.

  I am standing in front of the Salvatore Manor with a living, breathing Emily Bennet (my god!) by my side. A very handsome Paul Wesley (in this situation, it's best to call him Stefan) heading towards us with a shy smile and saying:

  "You must be Lady Katherine Pierce. I am Stefan Salvatore. Welcome to Mystic Falls."

  How adorable. I must be looking starry-eyed since he is perplexed by my staring.

Wait a minute.

  I am Katherine Pierce.

  I am hated by everyone.

  I am hunted by a very vengeful and persistent Klaus Mikaelson.

  I will die somewhat in season 5 due to accelerated aging and the Scooby gang's unwillingness to let me live.

Lovely. Just lovely.