Chapter one

Recently you had gotten bored from the lack of jobs. Apparently your methods were too 'unorthodox' for most clients, who wanted the job done clean and simple, but you liked to have a little fun. After all, one has to be passionate about work otherwise what's the point?

Unfortunately for you, despite your attempts to keep yourself entertained, you did get bored, which in turn, led you here. Two nights ago, you had been making your way back from a casino when a certain individual had caught your attention. He was following some men down an alleyway, checking behind him as he rounded the corner. Immediately you could tell this man was special, he was fast and you could feel the bloodlust oozing out of him from a mile away. You were entranced.

Leaping at inhumane speeds, you rounded the corner only to be met with a lavish sight, one worthy to be painted and hung in a museum for centuries to come. A massacre. Out of the four men who were being followed, none had survived. One man had been severed cleanly in half, you greatly admired the skilful swordsman ship and precise accuracy of the blade. Another two had been decapitated, seemingly with one blow. Finally the last one, who was the largest out of the four giant men, hung upside down, suspended from a construction pole that had been impaled through his right thigh and into the brick wall behind him. He had been sliced open from the abdomen right down to the chin, his insides still spewing out, squelching firmly as they impacted the ground beneath him.

Standing before you, was this masked man. He wore a long black leather jacket that danced around his ankles. Dark hair covering most of his face as he stood, braced, facing you, the blood still dripping down his sword. He turned and his eyes bore deep into yours- those dull grey orbs baring down into you, making your soul writhe within your body.

You stared at the glory before you. Never before had you seen so much chaos ensued in such a short amount of time. Wonderstruck, you stood at the entrance of the alleyway, mouth agape, hoping to savour every last sensation of this moment. The sour iron smell of blood penetrating you nostrils. The cool night air as it whipped your {H/C} hair about your face.

The pair of you stared at each other for many long seconds, in a silence that weighed heavily down on you both. And as soon as it began, it ended. With a sudden gust of wind, the man was gone, sprinting out the backside of the ally and away from you.

His sudden movements snapped you back into reality. Taking one last, longing look at the bodies behind, you chased after the mystery man who had awoken something in you. After seeing the destruction he caused, you knew that you had to meet him, to look once more into those eyes and to know the kind of immense pain he had inured to become such a ruthless murderer.

A/N:
Hey guys! I really hope you enjoyed this! It's my first time writing a story so let me know what you think! Have fun and stay safe,
Kitty x