"Don't let him control you, Cuphead!" Mug reinforced. The black creature's slave simply made one of its hands glow red. It then took a swing at the smaller cup, who barely edged himself away from the glass arm's range. Unfortunately, the picture had not made it out of that range and started to disintegrate in Mugman's grasp. The child let go and watched his prized photo flutter to the ground. It was merely a pile of ash by the time it even touched the carpet. The hope in the child's heart began to fade just like the photo did. Mug looked back toward his mutated brother. He tried to be confident and not show fear.

"I don't want to fight you, Cuphead." The little mug said calmly. Another red fist came barreling his way. He jumped out of the way and kept staring the monstrous cup in the eyes.

"But you're leaving me no choice....!"

Cup had made his decision. He was no longer listening to his little brother. The darkness inside him was making it clear that its mission was to destroy the mug child. Mugman realized this too and immediately called for his demon to help.

"Come on! I need you to come out now!" He said to himself, pounding at his chest. A glowing fist came his way for the third time. Mug had to cease his pounding and get himself out of the way. He then returned to his frantic thumping. "Cuphead needs you!" Mugman urged.

The next fist that came his way was too fast for him to avoid.

"Aw crap..." He barely got out before the powerful hand slammed into his gut. It sent the little mug rocketing away screaming. His glass body dug into the wall. Pieces of the wall crumbled around him and fell to the floor. Dust clouds danced around his body as he felt the demon finally waking up. The other three people in the room watched fiery pupils glare through the clouds. Mug and his demon had been through this routine so many times that the transformation was nearly instantaneous by now. His enlarged body dislodged itself from the depression it made in the wall and strode forward to confront the opposing demon and its slave.

"Now things are getting interesting!" The Devil said with pure delight. Watching other beings fight and kill one another was his second favorite thing only to killing organisms himself.

Mugman's demon tried talking to the other one before jumping right into a fight. Perhaps he could scare it into letting the young cup go. Kettle and the dark creature watched as the two cups began screeching at one another. Their ear-piercing shrieks only made the Devil even more excited for their battle, even though his patience was starting to drop at the lack of brutal violence.

"What's happening?" Elder Kettle wondered.

"They're talking!" The black creature snapped. "Now shush so I can listen to their threats." It was almost as if he would have taken a front row seat with a big tub of popcorn on his lap. Like he was going to see the movie of the century.

You better let that boy go or we'll have to force you out! Mug's creature warned.

"And why would I do that?" It replied, sounding almost just as cocky as its master. "I've got a nice comfortable spot in the back of this child's mind. I'd like to see you try and make me!" There was no avoiding it. This other demon was directly challenging him and Mugman.

The mug child's eyes narrowed as he growled in frustration. He then roared in acceptance of the duel. Cuphead roared as well. His roar was much louder than the mug's due to the large cup size. Both of the cup brothers lunged at one another with glowing fists. They collided a few times before Cup dived forward with jaws wide open. Mugman dropped to the floor and let his sibling fly over his head. The large glass body kept going and slammed into a wooden shelf. Pieces of wood exploded in all directions as the structure crumpled upon impact. Mug and his demon watched as the cup's body sat up, groaning in annoyance. A single board of wood poked over the brim of his cup. His large gloved hand tossed it out and got up.