Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield

Start from the beginning

It coughed out blood as it dropped on the ground. Gabrielle turned around to find Ravn pulling out the sword, the ghoul's blood splashing on his face. He looked at her, worried. "Are you okay?"

Gabrielle looked at him, to the sword, and to the ghoul on the ground. Then back at Ravn. "I-I'm okay. Thank you."

"Don't forget to watch your back." Ravn told her. "You always tend to have blind spots."

She nodded and went on a wider space to get her sword. Seraphiel followed suit.

It has soon became a bloody battlefield. Black ashes and blood were shed by both sides, both from the celestial weapons and the ordinary weapons from the mortals. Despite that, the mortal boys were doing great. Their training has definitely paid off. They fought with all their might. Even Keonhee, who was so afraid of them, has turned into a different person.

"I'll never be afraid of you all!" Keonhee spat with his foot pressing on the ghouls chest. He slashed his sword through its throat, and had blood spilled everywhere.

Keonhee was soon thrown on the ground with a ghoul holding him down. He yelled out a curse out of anger. "Get off me, you disgusting thing!"

The ghoul attempted to ravage Keonhee, who still struggled underneath him. Now that his sword was dropped, they were fighting hand by hand. Keonhee was getting tired but it was then ended when the ghoul suddenly collapsed in front of him.

He looked up and saw Seoho standing in front of him, his sword dripping with new blood. "Glad I saw you."

Keonhee breathed, somehow managing to laugh after getting exhausted. "Glad you saw me." He pushed the ghoul off of him with disgust and took Seoho's outstretched hand to help him stand. He took his sword and stood up, his fighting face back.

In the middle of the the chaotic battlefield were two men standing strong. Their hands gripped their swords firmly.

"Are you still good?" Hwanwoong asked Leedo, whose back is leaned with his. Their backs touched, both protecting each other. Leedo let out a laugh. "Didn't know I'd miss fighting this much."

Leedo yelled as he slashed a ghoul advancing towards him while Hwanwoong kicked the ghoul sending it to the ground. "I won't allow myself to get killed by someone taller than me!"

"Silly!" Leedo laughed as he slayed another one. "Whether it's taller than you or not, never get yourself killed!"

Seonghwa watched everything from above, slowly getting mad at how their numbers are decreasing. They're supposed to be the one having the advantage. "Since when did these mortals learn how to fight with swords?"

His eyes landed on Gabrielle who was busy fighting on her own as well. "That wench must have trained them. They have been preparing for this, I see."

He decided to jump down to join the fight. He walked towards Gabrielle with a smirk on his face. "Little angel~!"

Gabrielle turned to the voice calling her and pulled the sword away from the ghoul harshly, annoyed at the owner of the voice. "The audacity of you to come straight here with a lot of ghouls."

"Do you like my surprise?"

She scoffed at him. "It's more like, do you like our surprise? You must have thought you'd bring us down so easily. Sorry, my boys aren't raised as livestock for your future use."

"I must admit, you did a great job at training them. But don't get so relaxed. I'm still here."

"I will only relax once I see you fade into black dusts with my own sword." Gabrielle told him, her voice laced with poison.