||Not Everyone Gets a Second Chance|| [✓]

Do you ever wish you could just wake up and it was all just a bad dream?- author unknown

I Won't Give Up- Jason Marz

--•--

I woke up the next morning, lifeless. I couldn't sleep last night. My mom had to sleep with me. A seventeen year old.

There was a knock on my door.

"Christopher, Erinn called." My mother came in, holding the phone.

I looked at her.

"But-but she's died." I whispered.

"Well I'm pretty sure I can't talk to dead people on the phone." She waved the phone.

My eyes were wide the whole time. It was just a dream.

I threw the cover off, hurrying. I grabbed a random shirt and shorts, slipping them on.

I ran all the way, to Jeffery's house. Not even eating or showering and give a single glance in the mirror.

--•--

"Look who's early for once." Alice said amused, her head on Jeffery's shoulder, their fingers intwined together.

"Erinn!" I yelled running straight to her. Stumbling as I hugged her tightly.

"I can't breathe Christopher."

I let her go, my hands still on her arms.

"I'm sorry, I just. I thought-never mind I'm just glad you're alive and that I have you as my friend." I said hugging her again.

"I'm glad you're my friend too." She said, looking at me weird.

"Ok, let's head to school, before we're late."

--•--

It's been two whole days since that weird and horrible dream.

And it made me realize that I need to tell her that I like her. Because you never know when they'll leave and just slip away.

I was going to tell her in a few minutes. We were at the carnival, and I was going to tell her on the ferris wheel.

It was going to be perfect.

"Erinn." I called out to her, trying to get her away from the rest of the guys.

She stopped as I met her the rest of the way.

"Here." I said handing her a necklace that I had won.

"Uh." She took it, slowly examining it. "Thank you."

"Let me put it on." I took it from her and went behind her. I moved her hair out of the way, putting the necklace around her neck.

She turned around as I smiled at her.

"Do you want to go on the ferris wheel?" I asked, fiddling with my hands.

Before she could answer he phone rang. I internally groaned.

"I can't. I'm sorry but I have to go." She said walking away

"Why?" I said grabbing her arm lightly. "Why are you always leaving early?"

"I just- my mom needs me."

"For what?" I pushed on.

"Family stuff." She pulled away. She gave me one last look, before leaving.

My heart just shattered into pieces. I've felt this before, but I don't know when or where.

I just stood there, slumping. I turned around, slowly walking.

I met up with Jeffery, Melanie, and Alice.

"Hey what's wrong?" Jeffery asked when he saw my face.

"She left." I mumbled.

"Aw, don't worry. You'll tell her next time."

I doubt it.

We walked around for bit but I couldn't bare watching Jeffery and Alice being all cute together.

So I left them have their fun.

I was walking home, almost reaching the bridge.

There was an ambulance, a fire truck, a police. The flashing lights, straining my teary eyes.

I saw Jeffery's dad, the chief of the police.

"What happened?" I asked him getting closer to the scene. Everything seemed so familiar.

"Christopher, I don't think you should be here." He said, trying to keep my away.

"Why?" I asked. The paramedics were coming our way, a body lying on the gurdie. I've seen this before.

When they past by I let out a whimper.

"Erinn." I breathed out.

"Erinn!" I yelled repeatedly.

"Christopher, shh. It's ok." My mom soothed me as I shot up in bed. Sweating. Crying.

"She's gone mom." I cried out.

"I know. Everything's going to be ok. She's in a better place."

"But I want her here. I need her."

I never even told her I loved her.

--•--