INTENTIONS

Over the next twenty minutes, I detailed what I remembered seeing, earning some skeptical looks among the group

Over the next twenty minutes, I detailed what I remembered seeing, earning some skeptical looks among the group. The only time they started to consider it might not have been a dream being when Conner and Gar verified that the scene sounded like CADMUS.

"So, you get visions now or something?" Hank asked gruffly and I shrugged. I didn't know how to answer, mostly because I was sure it was something that already happened.

"You said you have a brother," Dick said suddenly, throwing me off for a moment. "In the CADMUS file that Bruce sent."

"Oh, uh, yeah," I stumbled, still a little confused. "Why?"

"Did it say if he was a part of any special projects?"

"Honestly, I don't know. There was a hyperlink for his name, but I didn't click on it."

"You didn't think you should be up to snuff on your past that you've apparently been chasing for years?" Kory challenged. As annoying as her presence and barely veiled accusations were becoming, I could appreciate her ferocity to protect her makeshift family.

That didn't mean I wasn't two snarky remarks away from slowly poisoning her.

I don't know if Dick was attuned to as much, or was growing annoyed himself, but he replied before I could. "Everyone wants to know their past until it's laid out in front of them. I seem to recall someone else not so thrilled to have theirs resurface." His dark gaze fixed on her pointedly and I watched hers narrow at him before she scoffed.

"Whatever," she said, making her way towards and through the door to leave. "While you kids are busy with your Scooby Doo mystery, I'll be out looking for Jason. We have a few address leads on CADMUS warehouses that I can look into." She disappeared without giving anyone a chance to respond, the room falling into an awkward tension.

"I should go with her for backup," Dawn said into the silence.

"I'll go, too," Hank volunteered.

"Okay, but recon only," Dick said with a frustrated sigh. "I mean it, no making contact. We can't have them knowing that we know where to find them. Report back with anything you find. If you think Jason might be in there somewhere—"

"Don't pull a Dick and run in on our own without a plan," Hank said sarcastically. "Yeah, we got it."

"I can go with them and see if Jason's there," Conner offered. "No one will ever have to go in."

"Sorry, Conner, but for right now I would prefer if you stayed," Dick replied. "We can't risk them realizing you're there and getting to you again. We're going to need you more later, during the attack."

Conner nodded somewhat reluctantly as Hank gave him a reassuring pat on the back and then left with Dawn. Gar suddenly skidded into view in the hallway, a tablet in hand, and I realized for the first time that he had quietly disappeared at some point. His eyes were focused on the screen as he spoke. "So I pulled up the file Bruce sent and tried the hyperlink that Madds mentioned—"