NIGHT TERROR

"Jason?" I could see him across the room, strapped to a chair and looking around, determined

"Jason?" I could see him across the room, strapped to a chair and looking around, determined. He was in the same clothes he'd been wearing in the club, the only difference being the blood stain on the front of the shirt. Likely from the blood trailing down the side of his head from the corner of his brow or the split of his full lip. "Jason!" I ran over to help him, but no matter how much I pushed myself I didn't seem to be getting any closer.

I stopped, looking around at our surroundings too, trying to see if there was anything telling about it. The room was nearly entirely white aside from a glass wall behind me, cold metal door to the far right and the black chair Jason sat in. Looking out the window, there were dozens of people walking through what looked like an open lobby. Outfits ranged from tactical armor to normal business clothes a few lab coats with clipboards. I felt a faint scratch of familiarity to it, but before I could dwell on it any further I turned at the sound of the door.

I tensed immediately, watching Hurricane close it behind him, eyes fixated on Jason.

As stubborn as ever Jason met his blue eyes fiercely, smirk fixed across his lips. "Just can't get enough of me, huh?"

Hurricane didn't take the bait. "Have you thought about our last conversation? Suddenly remember something useful?" It was still so odd to me to hear his soft, accented and kind voice speak such pointedly threatening words.

"I did, actually," Jason answered. "And I have something to tell you."

"Lovely, what is it?"

"You can beat the shit out of me all you want, but Madalyn still won't go to you. She's just not that into you, dude."

I flinched even before Hurricane's fist connected with Jason's face, knowing it was coming. Jason laughed, spitting out a glob of blood on Hurricane's shoes before speaking again. "Is that the best you got?"

"Stop!" I yelled pointlessly as Hurricane's fist connected with his gut. Neither one of them responded to my cry or acknowledged my presence.

Jason coughed up a forced laugh, bent in on himself. "I've been tortured and almost killed by Deathstroke, man," he huffed. "You're gonna have to do a lot better than this."

"If you insist," Hurricane said darkly.

I saw the electric sparks on his fingertips before Jason did. Even knowing that for some reason they didn't seem to hear me. I couldn't help but yell out "No!"

Jason let out a pained cry, his skin paling as the electrical currents went through him. Hurricane had only touched him briefly with two fingers, but it was more than enough to leave Jason convulsing seconds after removing them. "Tell me what I want to know and we'll let you go free," Hurricane said. "Don't, and you'll die."

"Will I?" Jason chuckled breathlessly, keeping up his tough guy act through the pain. "Because, and this could be the fried brain talking but, if you kill me for not giving you information then the end result would be the same as if you didn't. You'll have learned nothing, which would bring me joy in my final moments, and you'll only have succeeded in making her hate you even more. Not to mention ensue the wrath of my many ass kicking friends. Seems to me like I'm winning all around." He smiled cockily at Hurricane, the split in his lip bleeding more with the action, painting some of his teeth red.