14💕~

The rest of Tine and Sarawat's day went much smoother than the day before. There was a minor incident where Aura and Panit were drawing and the toddler had managed to cover his entire hands in silver-colored pens. Sarawat had to scrub his hands clean while Panit screamed and cried.

But, aside from that, it went smoothly. They made sure not to give in when Aura tried to beg them for ice cream before dinner (she really had that sad puppy look down that Tine almost caved). They remembered to watch Panit during dinner to see when he had stopped eating so they could take away his plate before he would throw the food. And they distracted Aura so much that she wasn't thinking of her fathers being away. After dinner, they watched another children's film.

Soon, it was the kiddos' bedtime.

"Uncle Wat, where's Uncle Tine?" Aura asked as Sarawat pulled the blanket over her.

"He's putting Panit to bed," he answered. "Why, baby?"

The little girl pursed her lip before saying, "I want him to read me a story... please."

"Really? Don't you like Uncle Wat anymore?" Sarawat joked.

"No, I still like you, Uncle Wat. But, I want Uncle Tine to practice reading to a baby, so that when you have your own baby, he can read to them," was Aura's innocent answer.

She had no idea how much this answer warmed up her Uncle's heart and made him almost cry. The dancer wrapped the little girl in his arms and placed a kiss on her hair.

"Aww, our Aura-ah is so nice," he said, tearing up. "I'll go get your Uncle Tine, okay?"

To say that Tine was surprised to hear that Aura wanted him to read her a story was an understatement. He had frozen, mouth open, not even acknowledging that Panit was trying to stuff his tiny fist into his uncle's open mouth.

In a daze, he left the toddler in Sarawat's arms and went to Aura's room.

It took Sarawat about twenty minutes to get Panit to sleep, the little boy was still hyper from his long nap that afternoon. After taking a page from his husband's book and dancing the little boy to exhaustion, Panit was finally asleep, cutely tucked under his blanket.

He went to check on Tine and Aura and the sight that greeted him made him smile.

Tine was sitting up on the small bed, reading aloud from a book in front of him, and a sleeping Aura tucked into his side. He looked up when he noticed Sarawat at the doorway. Gently, he pried himself from the little girl's hold, covered her with her blanket, and hesitantly placed a kiss to her hair.

Quietly, he turned the lights off and turned the night light on before closing the door.

While Sarawat got ready for slumber, Tine sat on the bed with a contemplative look on his face. The older paid him no mind since whenever his husband was thinking deeply about something, he didn't pay much attention to anything else. It wasn't until Sarawat got under the sheets beside him that the younger stirred from his thoughts.

"Phi and Type are coming back tomorrow," he stated.

"Hmm? Yeah, they are." Sarawat made himself comfortable.

"Wat... I still don't know if I want kids."

The older sighed, not really surprised anymore. He had accepted it. But... he also hoped that the younger would have changed his mind after their weekend with the TharnType kids.

"But... if you want... we can start volunteering for that orphanage where Aura and Panit are from... maybe teach a few classes?" the younger proposed, hesitantly.

Sarawat froze. Did his ears deceive him? Was Tine actually... offering to try?

His confusion and shock must have shown since Tine chuckled and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"Maybe... Aura is right," he stated, smiling affectionately at the older. "Maybe... I just need some practice? Before we dive into the real thing, maybe I just need to practice."

"Y-You mean you..." Sarawat stuttered, still in disbelief at the younger's proposal.

"Yeah... I'd like to try... If it's okay with... oomf."

Tine couldn't finish his sentence as Sarawat had already pounced on him, silencing him with a kiss and whispering, "Thank you" over and over again.

The younger wondered if maybe he should have given this a try a bit sooner if it meant seeing the love of his life this happy.

-------

one more chap and an epilogue left! 

Anyone would want short and cute stories like this?

anyway, stay safe! Lub ya! <3