𝟚𝟙.

The conversation had gone well, better than well, actually

The conversation had gone well, better than well, actually. I can feel the smile on my lips as I begin to descend the stairs. I'd told Denver pretty much everything about myself and learned about him as well. He told me some things that I hadn't expected either. The reason he'd left Boston and how he was involved in a lot of illegal activities when he was younger.

He said he didn't want to involve my mother in all of that because he cared about her. Denver thought it would hurt her a lot less if he just left. He also thought it would make it easier for both her and him to move on. I suppose it did, since my mother ended up sleeping with Seth. I cringe at the thought of them together as I reach the bottom step. I'm still no where near comfortable knowing the two of them had sex together.

The fight is almost over and I'm glad I didn't watch it. Especially if Rhoen was sitting next to Jamie and I, it wouldn't be enjoyable for neither him or I. Luke had gotten us the seating, well, I'm sure that had more to do with Denver than Luke. Still, front row seats is a big deal on a fight night in Vegas. I guess I can see why Jamie was so excited, but still. He was a complete dick about it.

"Amelia?" I turn when I hear Rhoen's deep voice. The moment my eyes land on his form my mouth goes dry. He looks ridiculously handsome. Dark hair and eyes, with a chiseled face. His white dress shirt is tucked into his black slacks, the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. "Amelia?" He says my name again when I don't answer.

"Hey Rhoen." I manage to say after I'd successfully looked him up and down. He smirks and I feel my face flush in embarrassment.

"How are you? Better than the other night, I take it?" My cheeks get even more red at his statement. I'd gotten absolutely wasted with him the other night. We'd also done some things I'm not so proud of. "I'm sorry to bring it up. We don't have to talk about that. I shouldn't have, uh, well, you know."

Ravish me on the bed until we were both breathless?

"It wasn't entirely just you, Rhoen." He may have thrown me down on the bed after kissing me but I'd let him handle me. I may have been drunk, and not had all of my faculties about me, but I didn't hate the way his body had felt on mine. I was completely ashamed of that fact because I had absolutely not hated it at all. I'd actually enjoyed it. Then again, drunk me is a very horny me. So, there's that.

A very horny me and a very dominant male, like Rhoen, would usually make for a good time, but not now that Jamie and I are dating. I think of Rhoen's lips on mine and his hands slowly hitching my dress up as his hips flexed between mine. The fact that I can recall specific details makes me realize I wasn't as drunk as maybe I'd thought I was at that point.

"I noticed your seat was empty and was wondering where you were." His words pull me out of the memory of us together on his hotel bed.

"Yeah, I was actually talking to uh," I fidget uneasily with my hands because I can't remember everything I'd told him.