𝟙𝟡.

There are a lot of things on my list of shit I just hope never happens

There are a lot of things on my list of shit I just hope never happens. Amelia finding out I slept with Katie, her mother, my father's spouse, is top of that fucking list. For the longest time Amelia thought of me as a brother and my dad as her father. She didn't know any different and he didn't want her to think any different. Neither of us did. He's loved her as if she was his own daughter and I've loved her like a sister. But that still didn't mean every now and again there wasn't an itch in the back of my head.

Sometimes I look at her and see similarities to myself. I usually just chalk it up to the fact we were both raised by the same person. Her mannerisms, facial expressions, and those types of things weren't due to that fact we were actually related, or so Katie and my father would have me believe. Amelia wasn't mine but she could have been. That fact always plays in my mind.

There were other things though about her that reminded me of someone that was a bit more painful. She reminded me of my mother. The way she looks, which I suppose is a lot like Katie, is almost eerily familiar. She's always been quiet and to herself. Well, to herself other than Jamie.

Jamie was a different story and now she is in a relationship with him. It isn't just the platonic type either, as he pointed out. Parts of our conversation play throughout my mind and I can't help but let out a heavy sigh. Jamie has never looked at me like that. Yeah, sure, he's been angry with me. I occasionally saw some resentment here and there while he was growing up, but not like he'd looked at me the other day. No, the disgusted way he'd looked at me had made my stomach roll.

I'd helped raise Jamie. I loved the kid like he was my own son. As he said though, he's not. People always thought he was too, which he absolutely couldn't stand. I guess I understand that though since he has it in his mind that his father and mother were madly, deeply in love. You know, everything was perfect until I stole her away from Liam. The notion was laughable because if anyone knows my wife they know she's not easily swayed.

I let out another sigh as I pull my rental car into their driveway. Rae had stayed behind after I told her what happened between Jamie and I. I told her that Amelia had heard our conversation too which had made her eyes bug out of her head. She's going to try and talk to Amelia about everything. Maybe Rae can help me fix whatever this is.

Once I park my car I stare at the gigantic house in front of me. It's not so much a house as it is a mansion. The amount of wealth Luke has is absolutely fucking ridiculous. This place is definitely proof of how much. When I get out I feel an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to have this conversation but I had to, for Amelia's sake if not my for my own peace of mind.

As I begin walking toward the main entrance the door opens and Denver walks through. I cock a brow as he begins to walk toward me saying, "hey Seth." He looks about as uneasy as I feel.

"Hey man, how's it going?" I put my hand out and he meets it with a tight grip and a shake. "How's the family?"

"Good," he lets go of my hand, "they're inside. But uh, from the sounds of it, you and I should probably have whatever this conversation is privately?" I hadn't told him what I wanted to talk to him about.