𝟠.

Rhoen and I are walking hand in hand as we make our way down the corridor

Rhoen and I are walking hand in hand as we make our way down the corridor. We're in last night's clothing and we probably look like a hot mess since we'd fallen asleep in them. My hair is a complete mess but I don't really care. Apparently, Rhoen found my messy hair sexy. Not a bad look at all, it's actually quite sexy, he'd said. Something about the way he'd said it made me feel like he wouldn't mind seeing my sex hair. That wasn't the reason behind my current state now though.

We'd just had a few more drinks, talked a bit, and then I'd apparently fallen asleep on the couch we'd been chatting on. When I'd woken up, I was on one end of Rhoen's king-sized bed, tucked snugly under the duvet. He'd been on the other side, fully dressed, on top of the blanket. When I'd lifted the covers I was glad to see I was still fully dressed and hadn't done something stupid. You know, like sleep with practically a complete stranger.

My thoughts go to the moment we'd come up to my room last night and hearing Jamie casually fucking someone against his door. Just like he fucked me in my apartment. I shove that toxic thought away. I can't think about that but I also think I should probably change my room. I don't know if I want to be privy to the amount of ass Jamie is going to be getting. It's one thing hearing it from him but a completely other thing to actually hear it. I don't think I can continue to be in the room right next to him while all of that was happening, especially after being one of those girls.

I was one of those girls. I frown at that thought immediately. I don't want to be that to him. I don't want to be just a night of pleasure and nothing more, discarded like a used napkin like all the rest. Logically, I know that I'm not that. I also know that I'd wanted it just as bad as him. I'd wanted to sleep with him and completely coherently too. Then I'd gone out with Rhoen. So, I really couldn't feel any type of way about it but I realize I kind of do.

No, I don't. I don't feel anything for my best friend. I'm just worried that he's not being careful, like always. Right. Yeah, that's it. One of these days he's going to end up knocking a girl up if he's not careful. Jamie was usually careful though, overly so. Not with me though

"You know, I never thought I'd be sleeping with you on our first date." Rhoen's words pull me out of my thoughts and make me let out a little laugh.

"Yeah well, don't get too cocky." I look up when I see a girl walking toward us. She gives us a knowing smirk like she knows what we'd been up to. She's wrong but she looks like she was up to much of what she thought we'd done.

"You don't have to worry about that, Amelia." He lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around me, hugging me into him. "It was nice to just spend an evening talking with. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much." He kisses me on the top of my head and I can't help but let out a little giggle. "You're smart, funny, and gorgeous. You're the complete package."

"I don't know about all of that." As we get closer to the room I look up and see Jamie leaning against the door frame. I purse my lips curiously when I see he's not wearing a shirt. That girl is the girl. I can't help but look back automatically at the woman strutting her way down the hallway.