Chapter-9 Her fear, his care!

Enjoy Reading!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's POV

The next day (Morning)

The whole gang was gathered in Swayam and Taani's house discussing about an event while Taani was in kitchen preparing some snacks for them. Although Rey was physically present there his mind was on Taani, after last night they hadn't talked to each other. He sometimes feel guilty for treating her bad and shouting on her, but she always manages to trigger him with her ignorance and words.

Taani was no different than him, she was too confused where her life was taking her. She was cooking but her mind was on the evnts of yesterday night. The feeling she got when she was there with Rey and his parents and they were sitting and eating like a big happy family was so overwhelming that the picture was not erasing from her memory.

Closing her eyes she took the coffee tray with her and went towards the living area where gang was sitting while kaka carried snacks with him.

Rey looked at her as soon as she came out of the kitchen, their eyes met

Rey looked at her as soon as she came out of the kitchen, their eyes met. She could see the longing in his eyes along with loads of love while he could see nothing. After her break up she has mastered the art of hiding her feelings. She gave coffe to everyone and at last moved towards Rey, taking his cup she forwarded it to him, he took the cup from her intentionally holding her hand along with it. She moved her hand back immediately making him sigh in defeat.

Taking her coffee mug she was going towards her room when Sharon stopped her,

"Aree Taani, where are you going? Aao hamare sath baitho na."

The gang too looked ta her but Taani shook her head in denial,

"Nahi, I'll be in my room. You guys are discussing something important about your dance team, I don't want to interfere. Vese bhi mujhe dance ke bare mein kuch nahi pata."

She went in the room saying that while a pang of guilt hit the gang suddenly at her words, the taunts they threw at her always were now running in their minds. Taani might be cordial with them but she sits with all of them only if they are not discussing anything related to dance or their team. They have noticed it that she tries to maintain as much distance from them as possible when it comes to their shows or events which hurt Swayam and Rey a lot, as they know before Taani used to be the most excited one whenever they perform but now she remains absent from their events. Her cheers and her prayers are always missing nowadays.

Taani was in her room sitting alone sipping her coffee when her phone buzzed with a message. It was from an unknown number, frowning she opened it and read,

You should have taken my gift, my rose. But you didn't, varna aaj vo zinda hota. Go and watch the news channel, love.

And a picture was attached along with message. Her mind went numb, while tremors passed through her body seeing the pic. It was Varun's pic, the guy in her college who passed on to the gift to her, he was dead with his eyes closed andhis body turned in a weird angle and the necklace which the person gifted was in his neck as if mocking her.