Chapter 33: Who are you mother?

Start from the beginning

"I guess I can understand that." I shrug.

"Of course you can, it's what your doing with Dominico, I can see good in him and it's because of you. See for Mafia men, women are our biggest weakness." He tells me.

"I don't think Dominico has a weakness." I chuckle.

"We all have our weaknesses." He explains.

I nod in understanding.

"The Russians are trying to kill me." I laugh, "How the hell am I supposed to live like that?" I rhetorically ask my father.

"I missed eighteen years of your life, so until my very last breath I will always protect you." He reassures me.

I give him a long meaningful hug, the first one we have ever exchanged, it was weird yet comforting.

"By the way, we are having a barbecue tomorrow, so you can meet the rest of the D'Angelo family." He smiles leaving me alone.

Short notice much? I have nothing to wear!!

...

After what felt like hours of rummaging through my wardrobe, I finally settled on an outfit.
Ripped jean shorts and an off the shoulder white top that cropped exposing a fragment of my stomach as well as exposing a certain amount of cleavage.
I paired the outfit with some black sandals yet opted for vans immediately after.

Another part of me wanted to wear a satin pink strapless dress that rode high on my things and creased at my curves though I had to remind myself of the key word 'family gathering'.
Though perhaps I'll do it for dramatic effect!

Happy with my choice I placed it on a hanger and put it to the side before jumping in the shower and letting the water release me of anything that has been weighing me down.

I throw on a robe and walk out the shower to find Dominico peacefully laying on my bed, scrolling through his phone.

His eyes are so focused on whatever is on his screen, it makes me curious to know what he's looking at.

His eyes widen when he sees me, and I just smirk at his reaction, butterflies forming in my stomach.

I walk away from him to look for undergarments in my dresser, and choose some red lace ones which he had made me buy.
I feel his eyes burn on my skin but I pay it no mind.

Walking over to my wardrobe, I pull out this extra large, plain white t-shirt.
I then turn my focus on Dominico and he gives me an equal death stare back.

"Can I help you Miss D'Angelo." Just the way that rolls off his tongue drives me crazy.

"Yeah you can turn around." I raise my eyebrow at him earning a small chuckle under his breathe.

He walks slowly towards me, pulling the string from my silk robe, which allows my naked body to be exposed to his eye.
"Now why would I do that?" He says drawing a finger down my slit causing me to let out a small gasp.

In my attempt to change the subject I ask, "so what were you looking at on your phone that was so interesting?" Also, I was genuinely curious.