𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Почніть із самого початку

"So, we are going to walk around for five miles until we find one?" Andrea asked in an unamused tone.

"Nope," Kai said proudly. "Because while I was cooped up in my stupid castle because I wasn't allowed to go beyond the walls, I memorized maps. My father had dozens and he was the one who mapped out the boats' locations. I memorized where each boat was based on its landmarks." He reached further into the bushes and grabbed the rowboat that was hidden in the vines. He dragged it out far enough to reveal it to the others. He stood up and placed his hands on his hips with a proud smile. He pointed palm tree that stood taller than any other tree. "See. It may be the cheesiest crap ever, but it just saved our asses."

"Look at you go, fish-boy," Eros smirked.

"For the last time," Kai said as calmly as possible. "I'm not a fish-boy."

Bai grabbed the boat with Kai and helped him carry it back to the camp. Once they made it back, the group started to fill the boat with as much supplies it could carry. With the boat only being big enough to transport maybe four people, improvisation was needed in order for everyone to fit, which meant leaving some bags behind.

"Bee, get your foot out of my back."

"Well, get you back off of my foot."

"Nizhoni, you're stepping on my hair!" Corrine groaned.

"Andrea," Axel huffed. "I would rather not have your arrows pointed at my face."

"Aura, am I sitting on an apple?" Andrea asked as she shifted uncomfortably.

"Probably."

"Okay, there is no way this is working," Eros finalized, only fitting a foot in the last open space. "Darron and I aren't going to fit."

"Your fault for being so buff," Bai scoffed.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," Eros smiled sarcastically.

Aurelia noticed that Darron's eyes hadn't lifted from where they were staring at the sand. His complexion was suddenly pale and his eyes were dark.

"Darron?" She asked gently as she stepped out of the boat to approach him.

"Leave me here," he almost whispered.

"What?" Aurelia's brows came together. "Darron, n-"

"Aurelia, leave me!" He screamed almost out of desperation.

Aurelia stumbled back as if his words physically pushed her away. Seeing what he had done, tears immediately began to fall. His hand cupped over his mouth and he distanced himself from her even more.

"Oh my god-" he muttered quietly. His entire body began to tremble while shuddered breaths escaped his lips. He tried to say something but it was as if something were preventing him from doing so. Every muscle in his body tensed. He grabbed his head with both hands, taking fistfuls of his hair as he turned away. Darron let out this inhumane scream before falling to his knees. Aurelia hurried to his side and kneeled next to him. She watched in horror as he rocked back and forth and muttered 'no' to himself at least a hundred times. Aurelia cautiously wrapped her arms around him but as soon as she made the slightest contact, he jerked back and scrambled away from her.

Tears were now streaming down his face uncontrollably. "I-I-I c-can't hurt you, A-Aurelia. I c-can't. I-I won't let myself! P-Please, just leave me."

Aurelia locked eyes with him. It was like he had no soul left, like he was numb on the inside. His eyes weren't their bright green hue anymore...they were dark, lifeless. She attempted to approach him but this time he didn't simply move away. Instead, he swung his bow off his back, drew an arrow, and aimed it right at Aurelia. Aurelia's heart stopped. She slowly rose her hands in the air to try to calm him.