𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

"Somebody help us! Please!"

"Edwin open the gates! It's me, Darron!"

"Darron?!"

"She's losing a lot of blood, her pulse is weak!"

"What happened?!"

"We were attacked a few miles back."

"What were you doing in robber territory?!"

"That doesn't matter! We need to get her to Edaneus, where is he?"

"In his quarters in the south wing."

"Darron what the hell are you doing here? No! Wait! You can't go up there!"

"Sir, she needs his help!"

"Who are these people?"

"Let go of me, asshole!"

"I'll handle them! Eros, Andrea get her up there!"

"Edaneus isn't taking any visitors, it's the middle of the night."

"Get the hell out of my way!"

"What is the meaning of this?"

"Please, you have to help her."

"Bring her inside, quickly. What happened?"

"We were ambushed... s-she was stabbed."

"Dear heavens she's burning up. I'm going to need your help son, you need to calm down! Hold her steady!"

"Stay with me, Corrine...stay with me."

______

The quiet sound of a crackling fire filled Corrine's ears. Her fingertips felt soft fabric in her grasp as she clutched the blanket that rested on top of her. Her knuckle grazed her cheek, feeling her warm skin, feeling cozy, feeling...safe. She took in a deep breath as her eyes slowly fluttered open, leaving her fuzzy vision to gradually clear, still able to make out the figures of her friends who were scattered around the room, fast asleep, exhausted from their travels. She nuzzled her head deeper into the pillow. Her eyes located Eros resting his head on his arms that laid on the bed, waiting for her to finally wake. Corrine slowly rose her hand, trying not to startle the boy, and gently ran her fingers through his blonde hair. Eros stirred slightly before his eyes shot open at the sight of her awaking.

Corrine quickly grabbed his hand to settle him down. "Shh, I'm okay, Eros."

A heavy sigh escaped him, almost as if he had been holding it in from the moment they were attacked. He smiled and placed his free hand on her cheek, slowing rubbing circles. "Oh my gods, I never thought I'd never see those beautiful eyes again."