A bridge you can't cross

This chapter may have a little trigger. So brace yourselves.

AshuX
***
I didn't know what to do with life as the weeks went by. I was so excited to welcome Mitch but breathing has been getting harder watching Chance crumble. I wasn't doing anything on purpose, he was just being blind and stupid. I'm not even that great of a person to cry over, to fight over.

I could go back to him but my heart lead my feet somewhere else. I didn't want to give another hurting love experience to Joo Hyun either. Ah Rin was torn, So Mi was indecisive and May was confused too. We all didn't know what to do with the boys.

The thing with Chance is, he wouldn't even let it show that he is suffering. He laughs, jokes and tries his best to fool me but I've been noticing the change in his eyes. He works well, picks me up, tries to take me to dates but something just doesn't feel right. Something tells me that he is torturing himself over thoughts of me with Joo Hyun. I wanted to assure him but I didn't know how to. Even if I could, what would I tell him? I was helpless.

All of us, including Kang Joon, were gathered at a restaurant near So Mi's work place. The aura and vibes were different too, I could feel the tension with the boys.

"For how long have you known Ji Hee?" Kang Joon asked as he ate Bulgogi.

Chance shrugged, "Five years or so, why?"

"Just asked casually."

"You want some?" Chance turned his head to me, offering blackbean noodles.

I sighed, "Why did you even order this?"

"So I can get used to eating it daily after we marry." He smiled.

Ah Rin glanced at me and I glanced at Joo Hyun who was trying to play it cool. Joo Hyun was really good at masking emotions. But Kang Joon was as jealous as ever. I don't know why he is still stuck at that confession, I thought we could pretend like nothing happened. But things are getting hard all of a sudden.

So Mi giggled, "You are so cute, Chance."

"Why don't we play something for fun?" Ah Rin suggested.

"How about just eating it quick so we can leave?" I asked.

So Mi smacked my arm, "We all just met, why do you want to run away?"

So Mi is so dumb sometimes, I wanted to smack some brain into her. "I am tired, really."

"Then, let's go home, I'll drop you," Chance piped in.

Joo Hyun glared at him, "I will."

"I can," Kang Joon offered.

"None can do, Ah Rin, I'm crashing at yours tonight. Let's go." I motioned her.

She shook her head, "If we are leaving together, let's go home after drinking. I am too tired, I deserve a shot."

We ended up getting drunk. Crazy drunk. The amount of soju bottles in front of us was crazy. We made our table look like a mini bar. The food was untouched in my plate. It wasn't going to help me in the morning. I don't think weekends are good for drinking but then weekdays are worse.

"So you think you're great because you are her ex? Ji Hee and I are the best, whole town knows it." Nam Kang Joon just doesn't know when to shut up. His mouth ends up digging and stirring trouble.

Chance glared at him, "You are nothing but a classmate, I think your love is one sided."

"So what if it's two sided? We can't even become a couple because of you!" Joo Hyun cut in, making me groan. Who let him drink?