Ch.04: Galuna (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Natsu, on the other hand, noticed something else that was not their monstrous parts.

"Oh, woah, your sideburns are huge!" he pointed to the sideburns on the face of the village chief, which stretched to his waist.

"Not that! I meant my arm!" Moka clicked by lifting his purple arm and clawed to emphasize, "all the inhabitants of the island were affected by the curse. Not even the animals were spared"

"I don't want to sound rude," Yuto said, "but are you sure it's a curse? Maybe it can be some kind of disease."

"We have consulted dozens of doctors, youth, but each of them says that there is no such disease," Moka replied continuing with his story, "it all began when the moon fell under an evil spell"

"An evil spell?" Lucy repeated.

"Since ancient times, this island has absorbed the light of the moon, making it shine almost as wonderfully as the moon itself," Moka's voice became frightening, "however, three years ago, the moonlight became purple and bathed the island in a disturbing glow"

"See!" Happy called, pointing to the moon shining in the sky, "the moon is coming out from behind the clouds!"

The wizards looked up and saw that the moonlight that bathed the island was of a disturbing purple colour.

"Stand back," Moka warned, "change is upon us!"

Before anyone could ask Moka what he meant, all the villagers began writhing and groaning in agony. Their bodies began to change. In the end, all the villagers looked like demonic creatures.

"I'm sorry if our appearance frightens you," the village chief said. Now he wore purple, scaly skin, as well as fangs, pointed ears and a pair of horns.

"It's all right," Yuto replied, not wanting to make them feel worse than their appearances, "I've seen worse things"

"These poor people," Lucy whispered.

"But this ..." Natsu murmured, before his face suddenly glowed, "but this is a cool power! You have horns and claws! How can I have them?!"

Everyone else could just stare at him in disbelief as he began to laugh at how big they were, at least in his mind.

"Uhm...?" all pronounced, stunned.

"He said we looked cool ..." repeated a shocked bad male.

"No one has ever said this before ..." murmured a woman at random.

Suddenly, Natsu groaned for the pain. They saw Yuto, who tired of Natsu's stupidity, had violently hit him in the back of the head.

"You're an idiot, Natsu! There is nothing cool about that! These people suffer from the curse!" Yuto growled angry.

"Really?" Natsu asked, confused, "then I apologize deeply and promise you that we will do everything possible to help you"

"That's why we came here, moron," Yuto sighed as he kept looking at the villagers because he suspected something was wrong.

"Anyway, as you can see," Moka said, trying to bring things back to normal, "every time the moon comes out, everyone in the village takes this demonic form. If this is not a curse, then what else can it be? When the moon disappears and the sun rises, we go back to normal, but sometimes it happens that there are some of us who do not happen and lose our heads. The only thing we can do for those poor souls is kill them"

The wizards were shocked. This was not just a curse that changed their appearance. It drove them crazy and made them dangerous enough to force the villagers to kill them. Yuto could not bear it.