Audience with the Queen

wait a minute... are those even tentacles?  they look a bit more dangerous than tentacles...

Before (y/n) could ask the beautiful creature about her "appendages", he was suddenly pulled through the doors, leaving the passed out Slone on the cave floor.

"don't worry, no harm will come to her."

(y/n) didn't want to leave Slone alone but at this point what choice did he have?

"...alright."

"Uh..-" (y/n) struggled to vocalize as the short girl who stood before him stared at him as if she was deciding whether to kill him right then and there. He was in awe. She was most definitely the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his short but exciting life. (y/n) had finally met the voice that had been infiltrating his mind for days and the person who actually saved his life.

"Hold out your hand" 

Like always, (y/n) heard her voice but not through his ears. the soundwaves seemed to go straight to his brain. Allowing his curiosity to get the best of him, he held out his hand. The girl took a step forward and sniffed his hand. Then she came closer, so close that her horn could almost touch him, and touched his forehead. (y/n) felt his skin tingle as the girl lifted up his hair to reveal his two budding horns.

"you've progressed far, but we'll have to speed up your transformation."

"My transformation... into a klaxosaur?"

"Not a klaxosaur. A Klaxosapien, like me."

"...and why would I need to complete this transformation into a... Klaxosapien?"

"If it is not stabilized, the mutation will kill you."

"ah... I see."

makes sense, I guess.

"You do not understand yet, but you will."

She brought her horn close to his and the moment they touched, (y/n) was transported to a different world.

He saw a world in flames. 

Purple invaders razed cities to the ground as defenders fought back.

"What is this?"

"These are my memories. From a world before your humanity, we lived peacefully on this earth. Until aliens decended from space, calling themselves VIRM. Their objective is the subdual of all intelligent life. Once they deem a certain species too advanced, they act quickly to crush it so that no species gets to powerful."

"Wait... Humanity almost succesfully created a weapon that could destroy entire planets. If that's not technologically advanced enough than what is?"

"Exactly. You humans also must act in order to protect your own race from extinction."

"We successfully repelled them once, but that wsa simply a scouting party. In the coming war, you will be the deciding factor. Your army will help us crush VIRM, the true enemy."

Suddenly, (y/n)'s vision returned to the cave and he once again felt the blue girl's piercing gaze.

"That fleet was a scouting party?"

She simply nodded.

"But... if VIRM is the true enemy, than why do you fight against humanity?"

"We seek only to reclaim that which humanity stole from us."

"what was stolen?..."

(y/n) suddenly remembered what he was forced to protect from the klaxosaurs during the kissing operation.

"Are they stealing your resources? the... fuel?"

"the FranXX that they pilot and the fuel that powers their cities are made from our bodies and blood. The humans fight us with the bodies of our own brethren." the girl sneered before continuing, "humanity as a species is so belligerent. they continue to fight us even as we protect them from a far greater enemy"

(y/n) had already suspicions about the government that allowed to children to fight and die for them while the adults are never seen, but now he was completely opposed. Those kids needed to be freed and klaxosaurs were never even the threat in the first place. they simply retaliated against an enemy that had stolen from them. (y/n)'s mind was made.

"I'll help you."