Chapter 47 👑

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

Betrayal.

That's the only word that will explain how I'm feeling right now. I feel betrayed by everyone. I just feel like there's no one I can trust in my life. Lies. They all fed me lies and I blindly ate it all up.

I might be angry with them right now but I don't hate them.

The only person I hate is I. I'm so stupid to trust them all that blindly. I should've known from the way Mami talked that Muhsin doesn't love me. That secret however I knew only Mami knew so the rest all found it surprising but not as much as I did. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, but I had no choice but to accept the truth.

My identical twin marries my ex fiancée.

It has a great catch to it.

If it's a movie or book I'm sure it'll be a hit.

Back to my sad reality, twelve days. It's been twelve days since I locked myself up in our room refusing to step out or let anyone in. They all know I wanted space so none of them disturbed my privacy. The only time I open the door is when they bring me food and even then I made sure that whoever brought the food left before I open it.

And if you're thinking of work, then I work from home. Though not all the time, I've been to the office for seven to eight times I think. And even then I leave as early as possible and return before the time they usually come to check up on me. And by they I mean, Layla, her husband, Adda, Hermano and occasionally Mami and Ummi. At work I always avoid Prince and thank God we didn't have board meetings often. There's only been one board meeting and believe me it was torture to stay in the same room with him. Thankfully, he didn't say anything to me and neither did I, we avoided each other throughout.

At home I send all my day in the room and only open the door when they brought food for me.

I might be angry but I'm not stupid. No one should joke with food no matter what. I don't joke with my food. Food is life.

And that results to my solution to my problems; watching TV and drowning me in misery and pity. I know it's pathetic since the first few days all I did was cry, sleep and repeat. I'm more than thankful that none of them tried to talk to me because I'm sure if they did I would've broken down at the instant.

The door creaked open breaking my chain of thoughts. I looked up expecting to see either Mami or Ummi knowing them by now they'll think they given enough space. Unfortunately though, it's none of them.

I looked away and rolled my eyes pulling the comforter up my body, "You know you're the last person I want to see right?" I asked not turning back to look at him.

I heard him chuckle, the nerves! Why am I not surprised though, he's always like this, "Yeah I do. I'm also the person you hate the most right now" he said with humor lacing his tone.

I scoffed, "It's a good thing you know then" I said turning around to glare at him as he leaned on the door. Somehow he find my anger amusing and so he still had that smile on his face as if he's watching some comedy show.

I sighed reaching my hand out to pinch the top of my nose, "What do you want Muhsin?" I asked seeing that he has no intention on saying anything serious.

He grinned, "You know it feels good that you finally call me that instead of Mubarak" he said but seeing that I don't find his words amusing he sighed, "I know you need an explanation..." he started as his features start to turn into that of seriousness, "And although I'm not the one to give you all the answers, I know I still have to explain myself"