Chapter 5👑

April 17.

Karaye, Kano.

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

"Daihaah hurry up!" Adda Anee said, tapping her feet impatiently on the tile floor.

"I'm coming!" I said quickly grabbing my phone on my bed where it was charging."I'm done!" I exclaimed running to the door where Adda Anee is waiting for me. Impatiently, might I add.

"Let's go. Also, let's pray Inna Nana won't say anything bad as she always does. Today I'm in not in the mood to tolerate her never-ending insults" Adda Anee said grabbing my hand dragging me to the living room where our whole family is waiting for us, including my aunts, uncles and cousins.

Yay!

Note the sarcasm.

I'm not a big fan of a huge crowd of people. Especially not my aunts who make it a tradition to throw insults at us.

We stopped by the door and gave ourselves a quick once over to make sure we look presentable enough to avoid Inna Nana's rude remarks. Though I highly doubt she won't find something to comment shadily on. There's always something wrong in that woman's magnifying eyes.

I took in a deep breath before we walked in and saw our entire family eating while talking about who knows what. It is just a moment of bonding and catching up on all that we've missed. As always.

Everyone turned to look at us, some gave us warm friendly smiles, while some—Like Inna Nana, flashed us cold icy glares. It's nothing new to me anyway, and neither is it to Adda Anee.

"Oh! Fatsuma, Kubra, you're here. Come sit next to me" Hajiya Kaka said patting the spot close to her.

We smiled and went towards her. I flashed my cousins, aunts and uncles warm smiles and exchanged pleasantries with them while passing by them. I sat by her right hand while Adda Anee sat by her left.

One of the maids whom I recognize as I'd seen her before placed the food warmers in front of us.

"Thank you" I said when she placed a plate in front of me.

She smiled warmly at me, before placing another plate in front of Adda Anee and Hajiya kaka. She was about to open the food warmers when someone interrupted her.

"Keh! Were you going to serve these two brats! Da Allah serve Hajiya Kaka only and head back to the kitchen" Inna Nana, Baffa Lamido's wife, hissed, glaring at both Adda Anee and I.

I stiffened knowing that she's about to start badmouthing Adda Anee and I. Adda Anee however, ignored Inna Nana and picked up her plate. She opened the food warmer before scooping the food and placing it on her plate shutting Inna Nana out. She was acting as if there's no one there but she alone.

Umma who was sitting with Aaliya, Hamma Abdul and Adda Bibah glared at Inna Nana "Nana mind what you say, don't you ever address my daughter as a brat again"

Inna Nana glared back at Umma up and down before hissing loudly "Ke kikasan wannan Kuma. Your eldest daughter is still 22 years old and she's not married. Uban me take miki a gidan in banda shegen yawaon duniya? Iye? She's there parading herself on social media and television up and down without settling down. It's a good thing that Baffa decided to get her married by the end of the week"

I stopped scooping my food midway, my eyes dilating slightly.

Excuse me. Did she just say married?

Adda Anee seemed to have frozen at the moment. The plate which she held in her hand fell thereby shattering into pieces. All attention turned to her as she stares at the now broken plate, I could see she's still in shock. Her hands trembled and her eyes well up.