Chapter 13👑

FLASHBACK

April 20, 2016.

Karaye, Kano.

After what happened earlier, the El Khabirs were adamant on knowing what the relationship between Muhsin and Khadijah is. So, when the guests who came for the anniversary left, the triad requested a summit with Baba Sarki, Hajiya Kaka, Lamido, Abba and Ummi as they demand for an explanation.

One thing about the El khabirs; once they're being serious they mean business.

The El Khabirs sat on three settees parallel to one another, their face void of emotion as they sat cross legged, their signature business look. Sultan Kabir leaned back a bit, his right arm placed on the armrest, fingers slightly caressing one another in deep mediation.

Sultan Omar however just leaned back, his hand stroking his chin in ponders. He's trying so hard to figure what was between the two; although it was clearly obvious that they're in a relationship. The question was that, how is it possible that The Fareeds know about the relationship yet they didn't wind it up.

Could they have possibly been betraying them?

He tried to ask Aneesah about it, but she refused to tell him anything to him other than the fact that the two are in love. That dialogue leaded to them arguing. He seem to have forgotten that she has no knowledge about this so to her it seem irrational of him to be this interested in her sister's relationship. It was odd to her but he wasn't having any of it so to wrap everything up, he's at fault. But then again, the blame cannot be pinned on him alone, she's at fault too as she's stubborn and he's arrogant. Those two characters don't go along too well at all.

So now, the relationship that they're trying to build up is on a thin string. Any slight mistake and it'll lead to another arguing session.

Prince Aamir however is an expert when it comes to masking his emotion. He can put up a strong façade and no one can penetrate through it. He just sat there; leaned back on the chair, his eyes on his phone as he keeps on typing God knows what since he didn't spare any of them a glance.

Baba Sarki seeing that none of them is about to speak up anytime soon cleared his throat, "Sultan Kabir you asked for this summit and I'm sure all of us here knows what it is about" he started but was cut off by Sultan Kabir.

"Honestly Mai Martaba I don't know where to start. This issue is between me and Sultan Uthman, and my son too so what happened earlier?" he questioned his gaze squarely on Abba.

Abba knew this was bound to happen sooner or later, so he decided to come clean, "Kubrah and Muhsin have been in a relationship for almost 4 years, their wedding preps had already begun long ago" he said and by the looks on the El Khabirs faces, he knew they didn't like the news.

"So all these happened long ago and you didn't think to inform us about it. Your family basically made a fool of us. Pardon me if I may sound rude but that's called double standard" Sultan Kabir said even though his voice wasn't raise or dripping with anger.

Prince Aamir listened to every word they said, yet he didn't try to cut in and say a thing. He sat there and observed them, mouth sealed.

"It's not like that, you have to understand you plan, I plan but Allah SWT is the best of planners. We've planned Daihaah's future ever since she came to the world...."