Chapter 68: Distrust and hidden fears

Start from the beginning

"I will think about that, my queen", he simply replied and then turned to leave the room, not looking back at Zendala once. The blue-haired woman watched the tall male leaving the room and then met the concerned eyes of her younger sister.

"How did he find out?", Zendala sighed, rubbing her temples. Shiela rubbed her arm nervously and didn't dare to meet Zendala's gaze again, which made the slightly older woman walk around her desk and to her sister.

"He took me off guard and then guessed correctly. He could read the answer from my mimic", Shiela finally brought out, slowly looking up to Zendala. The older warlock only sighed again and laid her hand onto her sister's shoulder.

"It's not your fault. Reinhard is a cunning man, which was why I had hoped he would be blindly in love with me a bit longer, but now he considers me suspicious, which makes everything a lot more dangerous for us", Zendala admitted and unconsciously looked to the door.

"Why did you even tell him about Jisung? Now, Reinhard knows how important Jisung is to you, making him your most obvious weakness", Shiela asked cautiously. Zendala turned her head back to her sister. She had a neutral look on her face and just seemed to be very objective about the topic while in reality she hated herself for telling Reinhard.

"Some time ago, Reinhard started to question why Jisung was so important to me and wanted to know why. Ironically the situation we were in was quite similar to this one if I am honest. Back then, I dismissed the topic quickly and didn't tell him much to his displeasure", Zendala began, dryly chuckling to herself. Shiela looked back to the ground and mumbled a barely audible "I'm sorry". Zendala just lifted her sister's chin and smiled lightly.

"Don't be sorry. Reinhard just showed once more that he isn't an idiot, which was one of the reasons I chose to form an alliance with him", the blue-haired warlock said and let her hand drop while looking into her sister's eyes. Shiela's eyes were blue but a bit darker than Zendala's sky blue orbs.

"I shouldn't have underestimated Reinhard. You warned me, after all", Shiela muttered but she did look into her older sister's sky blue eyes, the ones her only son inherited.

"Do you think Reinhard will go after Jisung to hurt you?", Shiela asked cautiously, trying to not upset her sister. Zendala took some steps back and leaned onto her desk. She looked at the ground before she raised her gaze back up to her younger sister, who looked concerned.

"I don't know. He is obviously doubting my loyalty to the hunters, so it wouldn't be unlike him", she began, once again looking at the door while her gaze hardened. "But I also warned him. If he hurts or kills my son, the last bit of my hope dies and I will end all hunters before taking on the supernaturals no matter the costs", Zendala ended in a cold tone, which almost let the room freeze.

——————————

If Felix was honest with himself he felt strange when he listened to Taeyong, who was summing up everything that happened at the meeting today. He was feeling that way not because of what Taeyong said, no, he had the feeling he was sitting alone in the meeting room, even though his whole group was there. He hated that feeling, especially because he never had it ever before in his whole life.

The ginger always had people around him he was close to may it be family or friends. He never experienced the feeling of loneliness, but right now he had the feeling he couldn't trust anyone, even though it was absolutely ridiculous. Even if he couldn't trust his friends he still had Minho, his brother, the one who promised to never leave him.

Felix glanced at Minho, who was sitting beside him. He couldn't explain why but at the moment he felt like even Minho was out of his reach. Was it because Minho was so focused on his mate or was it something else? The cat hybrid mentally slapped himself for thinking that. Minho wouldn't leave him for Jisung or would he?