Chapter 44: Future King

The big doors of what seemingly was a throne room were pushed open by a rather small, fragile looking woman with long dark blue hair, which matched her midnight-blue cloak and complimented her sky-blue eyes.

She marched into the throne room like she owned the place, pretending like there were no fighting noises in the background or that two male vampires were charging at her with swords in their hands. A chuckle left her beautiful pink lips, when she simply raised a hand to throw the vampires against a wall with an immense force. An unhealthy crack was heard along with the vampires gasping before they fell to the ground limply.

"Even those guards are no match for me", the woman sneered, continuing to walk gracefully towards the two thrones in the middle of the gigantic throne room. A wicked smiled could be seen on her pretty face when she caressed the golden armrests.

"The vampires really know how to make a throne fit for royalty", she mused to herself and sat down on the queen's throne, looking at the damage she had caused.

Her wicked smile grew when she saw through the wide open door of the thrown room, how a vampire was stabbed through the heart with a sword made of pure silver by a certain masked hunter with a red crystal dangling around his neck. The vampire coughed up blood, which turned from dark red to a sickening silver tone before he fell limply to the ground not moving a muscle anymore.

"Bravo, Reinhard", the woman calmly cheered and clapped, gaining the hunter's attention. The man walked calmly into the throne room, towards the woman without any sort of worry or hesitation. He was dressed completely in black with face-mask and hood up, which made him look like an assassin, who was used to hiding in the shadows. The red crystal around his neck was the only thing that stood out from his dark outfit.

The woman noticed the sword made of silver, the hunter still carried in his right hand. It was dunked in silver vampire blood which made her wicked smile even wider.

"You killed some vampires, I see?", the woman asked in interest. "Only the ones, who were too hard to catch", Reinhard answered, glancing at his sword with the silver blood dripping down from it. The woman smiled like something pleasant had happened, despite it being obvious that a murderer stood in front of her.

"I did give the permission this time. We just need a bunch of vampires along with their king and queen of course", she said, leaning back into the soft cushion of the queen's throne. Her plan was working perfectly until now.

The man shook his head lightly. "You are a mystery to me, my queen", Reinhard stated, letting the smile on the woman's face turned into an amused grin. "I am impossible to read, is what a certain someone used to say to me but that's not the point now", she said, standing up from the throne and walking away from it with Reinhard following her suit.

"Other creatures are on their way here. My barriers can't hold them off for too long. They have skilled magic users within their rows, so we need to find Seo Shiwon and Seo Ahri as fast as possible, capture or kill the remaining residents of the palace and then evacuate all hunters", the woman continued while walking out of the throne room, not caring at all when she stepped over the bodies of a few dead vampires.

"What about the vampire crown prince, Seo Changbin?", Reinhard asked, looking at his queen in question. The woman didn't look back at the hunter and just continued walking. "He is a child and means no harm to us or our plan", the woman answered in a neutral tone. The eyes of the hunter with the red crystal narrowed themselves while he watched the woman walk away.

"Even you don't know where he is, do you?", Reinhard asked in a monotone voice. The woman halted, slowly turning around to the hunter with no emotion being visible on her face. "His parents have hidden him well. Even I couldn't figure out how he looks while doing my research but one of the captured vampires will know it, so it is no obstacle for us", the female with the blue hair answered.