Chapter 89: Shadow and fulling prophecy

Not proofread

Jisung was standing near Seungmin when he saw hunters break out of the forest an onto the clearing in the corner of his eye. Minho had dashed towards the medical station before the hunters had come into view to warn the others that their enemy has already advanced this far.

One of the hunters, that had broken into the clearing, was dashing towards them, the crystal around his neck shining dimly. Jisung's shoulders grew tense as he readied himself to pull his magic away from the portal and smash it into that hunter's face full force. The crystal surely wouldn't be able to completely deflect such a bold move, right?

Like a flash, a shadow tackled the approaching hunter to the ground. The hunter struggled for a brief moment before he was knocked out by a quick hit in the neck. The creature on top of the hunter got back onto their feet and Jisung faintly recognized the person to be RM. Jisung let a short, relived sigh escape him. If RM was here the rest of BTS wasn't far and that meant more back-up.

A sudden flash of light let Jisung snap his head towards the medical station. Something, or better someone, was up in the air not far above the medical station, wings flapping to keep them up while sending a breath of fire down the forest to fend off what Jisung assumed were hunters.

"We need to hurry up and get out of here," Minho's voice let Jisung focus back onto his little group that was currently doing their best to maintain and protect the portal, that was the getaway for the creatures still fighting in the hunters' headquarter.  

"We cannot leave yet. We have to keep the portal up until the others are out," Wonpil immediately said, his full magic was still focused on keeping the portal up. His hands had developed a light tremble, a telltale of an oncoming magical exhaustion, yet Jisung knew that there was no way Wonpil's magic was failing him just yet. There was no sign of his demonic horns or tail, meaning he still had enough magic left to keep his true form hidden.

The same applied to Seungmin, though the younger redhead looked far from tired. Magic seemed to practically buzz around him. That shouldn't be worrying, right?

"Left side!," Jisung suddenly heard Byungho yell, in the same moment a weak wave of golden washed past him. The blue haired warlock snapped his head around, searching for the incoming threat and quickly spotting two hunters that had managed to get near them.

The golden wave Byungho had send their pushed them back, but did nothing to knock them out. Suddenly, Jisung felt his magic being pulled and he quickly focused back on his magic in the portal, stabilizing it. He clenched his teeth, let his fingers tense to control his magic better and mentally prayed to the gods that he wouldn't screw this up now.

His magic dangerously wavered in the portal and it took him a hot minute to calm it as well as notice that Seungmin's magic was gone and Wonpil's barely there. Without the help of the two Kim brothers, the portal was flickering, trying on new forms to remain stable.

Jisung clenched his teeth while trying to push just the right amount of magic into the portal to not let it collapse. The red seemed to slowly drain out of the portal and being replaced by a deep blue color that started to mix with the white base. Slowly the blue and white combined themselves, some specks of red remained in the mix, but it was barely noticeable.

The warlock with the blue hair let a little relieved sigh escape him when the portal seemed to slowly adjust to the absence of the Kim brothers' magic. It still wavered a little bit, but it wasn't collapsing yet.

A sudden, pained yelp and Jisung was back to looking at the intruders, who were now laying on the ground with two types of red vines clinging to their bodies. Meanwhile, in the corner of his eyes, Jisung saw Minho and Dowoon throw something over the edge of the cliff. A small colorful shimmer told the warlock that the two had tossed two crystals down the valley.