Chapter 63: I know... I know

Hyunjin was just staring at the dark ceiling of the room he shared with his mother and Jeongin. He couldn't fall asleep even though it was already very late. Jeongin and Ms. Hwang fell asleep hours ago, but he just couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier.

Chan, Changbin and Jisung had told Taeyong and the others about what Seungmin found out. According to the three, Taeyong had told them to get some sleep and that they would take care of it tomorrow but part of Hyunjin told him he was missing something.

It frustrated him to be this clueless. He just had this feeling that something wasn't entirely right. Sure, he didn't believe that Chan, Changbin or Jisung were lying to him but he had missed something his gut feeling told him was important but maybe that was just worry.

Worry about the members of his group, worry about him not participating in the rescue mission and therefore not helping his friends. He was especially worried about Seungmin, Changbin, Jisung and Byungho. All of them had behaved somehow strangely. Seungmin, who seemingly tried to avoid telling them the truth, Changbin, whose eyes had turned red again just some hour ago, Jisung, who obviously was disturbed by the fact his uncle may have connections to Zendala and Byungho, who was even more quiet than usual and seemed unnaturally calm for someone, who had recently lost his mother.

The longer he thought about this the more he felt suffocated by the air in the room. He threw the covers off himself and quickly and quietly walked out of the room. Taking deep breaths, he tried to sort his thoughts.

"Just make a mental list", he told himself. His mother once told him that when he felt like everything was gettin to much he should make himself a mental list. The top spot belonged to the thing he thought was the most important and from there he should sort everything that was on his mind.

Hyunjin tried to do that, but he kind of failed since he felt like all of his friends were equally important. Frustrated with that, he sighed and decided to clear his head by walking around for a bit. To his surprise, when he turned on one corner he saw a familiar figure.

"Changbin-hyung?", Hyunjin questioned as soon as he spotted the black-haired vampire. Changbin turned around facing the siren with surprise written all over his face. "Why are you still up?", Hyunjin asked the slightly older male, tilting his head to the side.

"I could ask you the same thing", the vampire replied. Well, he had a right for that question but somehow Hyunjin was glad he was here. The siren sighed again when he walked closer to the vampire.

"I couldn't sleep", the taller of the two admitted and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. Changbin showed a little, sympathetic smile, which made Hyunjin noticed that the vampire's eyes had their normal dark color with only a little trace of red in them.

"I couldn't sleep either", the vampire sighed. "I will probably be scolded to death when my vampire hyungs find that out and Chan-hyung will probably join them on that", the vampire lightly joked. Hyunjin chuckled, picturing the scene in his mind for a short moment but then he was reminded of the fact, that his mother wouldn't be thrilled if she knew he was walking around at night either.

"I can imagining my mum getting irritated too", the siren added with a little smile on his lips. The smile came almost natural and the siren was once again amazed by the fact how easily Changbin could distract him and make him smile. It made him remember how happy Changbin had seemed when Hyunjin hugged him as a greeting for the first time back when they still went to Miroh High. At the time they had just begun to become friends. It almost felt like it was an eternity ago.