Chapter 84: Familiar Faces and Crimsom Blade

Not proofread

Changbin brushed passed the hunter before him, getting behind him within a heartbeat and knocked him out with on powerful hit on the head. The hunter stumbled forward before his legs broke away under him and he crashed onto the floor.

The young, uncrowned vampire king let a puff of air escape him before he turned and looked towards his hyungs. Changkyun send him a sort of proud smile while he quickly ripped the crystal off the hunter he had knocked out.

"Good reaction, Binnie", Baekhyun praised Changbin quietly when the older vampire rejoined his king's side. Changbin showed the older a quick smile before focusing on the door, which had been guarded by a lot of hunters. The corridor, where the group of vampires had found themselves through Taeyong's guidance over the mind link, was covered with now six knocked out hunters. The sixth one had come unexpectedly and was the one Changbin had knocked out. For the most part the older vampires of the group didn't let Changbin anywhere near any hunters which from their perspective was smart, but it slightly annoyed their uncrowned king.

Changbin shook the thoughts of the older vampires being too protective of him off and focused on the door ahead of him. According to Taeyong there were five supernaturals behind that door and a part of Changbin had the selfish hope that it were vampires from the royal palace. Of course  there was no doubt that Changbin would help whoever was behind that door, but a part of him longed for the satisfaction that saving people of his own kind would bring him. He was aware of just how stupid and incredibly selfish that thought was, but he had to somehow proof himself as the next vampire king.

With Baekhyun, Changkyun and Chanyeol close by his side, Changbin walked towards the door. Meanwhile Dowoon, Sehun and BM worked on separating the hunters from their crystals and then hiding them under an illusion spell casted by BM.

Changbin stopped when he stood in front of the metallic, white door and mustered it, searching for any visible signs for protection charms or any other sort of magic. There was non, but he had to be sure before he did anything. The young vampire turned around and towards BM who - to his surprise - was already heading his way.

The guardian with the blond hair, reached out his right hand when he stood beside Changbin, letting a cyan colored magic seep from it. The magic slithered around the door frame, searching for any kind of magic in the doorframe before dripping down and testing out everything else. There seemed to be nothing there.

BM retracted his magic slowly, letting it fade into the air and disappear before he shook his head. "There is nothing there. No magic runes or charms, nothing. It's completely unguarded from a magic point of view, but there could be hunter traps I can't sense yet", BM explained to which Changbin nodded in understanding.

Just some moments ago, Byungho had warned the other leaders of hunter traps hidden within cells that were hard to notice at first over the mind link that connected them. When the older had reported that, Changbin's heart had stopped for a short moment in fear of his friends having run into one to gain that information, but Byungho had clarified that they had disabled it with magic before Changbin had had the chance ask if they were okay.

"Try opening the door with magic while continuing to search for anything that could be considered a threat to us or the ones inside. We should be sure it's save before opening the door", Changkyun spoke up, looking at BM. The guardian nodded and let his magic return to the door.

Changbin continued to watch the guardian's magic until the door creaked open, revealing a dark room. The air coming from the inside brought the scent of blood back into Changbin's nostrils, making the crown prince almost gag. A quick and tiny movement in the dark room attracted the young vampire's attention, but it was gone so quickly that he wasn't entirely sure if his eyes hadn't fooled him.