Chapter 32

Thursday, April, 25, 1996

~Brandy~

"Baby girl, this dress looks so good on you! I told you everything would fit perfectly. You can barley see your cute bump!" My mom said as she examined my dress.

"Really, Mom?" I said as I did a 360 in the living room.

"Yes, baby. It's perfect." My mom said as she fixed my dress at the bottom.

"I wish Terry was here to see me."

"I know, baby girl. I know you can't wait to see him for graduation."

"Of course, I'm going to be looking good for my man." I said giggling.

"Okay, lets take this dress off before you get it messed up."

I nodded as we went into the bedroom, so I can take my beautiful dress off and step into my polka dot pajamas and fluffy slippers.

"I'm going to hang this back in the closet. Do you need anything before I leave?"

"I think I'm good."

"Ok, I brought the spaghetti from dinner last night. It was delicious."

"Dad or Jack didn't poison me, right?" I asked giggling as I walked with her towards the front door.

"No, baby girl. You're fine." My mom said as she kissed my forehead.

"Ok, I'll eat it and go head and go to bed. I have to get up early for my final exams tomorrow."

"Ok, have a good day at school. I know you're gonna ace those finals. I love both of you." My mom said as she bent down and kissed my stomach.

"We will. By the way, boy or girl?" I said as I looked down at my stomach.

"With those rough kicks, I think it's a boy."

"Hm, Terry said it's a girl. I don't care what the gender is. I just want a healthy baby." I said as I rubbed my stomach.

"You know you slick want a girl."

"Ok, you got me. I do." I said as I started laughing with my mom.

"I'm not about to play with you. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Ok, love you."

"Love you two more." My mom said as she opened the door and closed it behind her.

I went into the kitchen and warmed the spaghetti in the microwave. After I got my food out of the microwave, I got a phone call.

"This might be your daddy. Let's see what he's up to." I said as I reached for the house phone and picked it up.

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, my Queen. How's my family?" Terry asked as he yawned into the phone.

"We're good. Just sitting here eating spaghetti before I go to bed. Sounds like somebody is tired." I said as I started eating.

"I am. We had to take my brother to the emergency room."

"Why? He's okay?"