Chapter 22

Friday, December 29, 1995

~DeVante~

"Man, what you getting tore up for? What's up with ya?" Jet asked as he blew smoke out of his mouth.

"I'mma be a dad." I said as I rubbed my forehead as I took a shot from Jet's little shot glasses.

"Word? For real? That's good as hell. I'mma be a uncle." Jet said as he did a lil dance.

"Man, calm down. I don't know what to do."

"Wait, which one is pregnant?"

"You know my favorite one."

"I thought both of them were your favorite."

"Yeah, but one been acting up on me lately." I said as I rubbed my chin.

"You gone keep it?"

"Oh yes, this my first child. We ain't thinking about abortion. Matter of fact, she's gonna move in with me soon."

"Whoa, what her parents think?"

"She practically grown, so it's whatever now."

"How the other one gone feel?" Jet asked as he scratched his head.

"Hm, I don't even know. I might just ignore her for a lil while. I got a baby mama to take care of, anyway." I said as I took another shot.

"Man, that ain't right. Why don't you just break up with her?"

"Because she my d**n b***h. I own her. If I want to ignore her I can."

"Man, whatever. She gone forget you and get a new man."

"Man, I'll kill the f**k outta her."

"Man, you need to chill with that beating sh*t. You almost got a case. Did you forget?"

"I don't give a f**k."

"Think about if she was pregnant with your child. That sh*t ain't cool."

"I'll kill her and the baby, too. Probably wouldn't even be mine."

"Man, I think it's time for you to go. For real." Jet said as he stared at me.

"Man, you serious? I'm being honest with you."

"Yes, get out. Plus, I don't want my mama to see us drinking out the shot glasses." Jet said sucking his teeth.

"Man, f**k you." I said as I threw the shot glass and left out the house.

I got in my car as I got pissed off.

That's why I don't understand why I'm still friends with Jet. He says some of the stupidest stuff. Don't try to give me advice on how I treat my women.

It didn't take me long to pull up to my house.

"Hey, babe." My baby said as I opened the door.

"Bae, I'm pissed off right now." I said as I sat on the couch and kissed her.

"What happened?" She said as she took my coat off.

"Jet just saying stupid sh*t. How's our baby?" I asked as I rubbed her stomach.

"The baby is fine. No vomiting has occurred at all today."

"Hm, did you book the doctor appointment?"

"Yes, it's the week after next. I can't wait, baby."

"I can't wait either, baby, but I feel a little guilty."