Chapter 18

*1 Month Later*

Friday, December 15, 1995

~Brandy~

Dear Diary,

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote in my diary. So much has happened since the last time I actually wrote in this thing. I wouldn't say it all happened for the better, though. I told Mya about getting back with DeVante about two days after we got back together. She was very upset with me, but she got over it. Her & DeVante had a few choice words, so they hate each other guts. As for my parents, they are still holding on strong. I still say their love is fake because of my dad's campaign, but it is what it is. Speaking of my dad's campaign, it seems like everybody in town wants to vote for him. He always has Jack & I along with our mom coming to these little dinners like we're the perfect family when we aren't. Oh, and Jack is fine. He brings a girl to the house every now and then. I don't say anything because I don't want to call her the wrong name, which makes his 'Mack Daddy' points go into the negative. Anyway, I have to g...

"What the f**k you writing?" DeVante said as he snatched my diary.

"I'm writing my personal thoughts. Give it back. I'm not in the mood." I said as I tried to get my diary.

"Wait, you not what?"

"I'm not in the m—"

Before I could finish my sentence, DeVante smacked the diary in my face.

"Who you getting smart with?"

I started crying.

When we got back together, DeVante was a sweetheart. After about two weeks, he went back into his olds ways. He's been acting worser than he was before. The emotional abuse worsens everyday. The physical abuse is another conversation.

"N-N-Nobody." I said as I rubbed my face and stared at the floor.

"Look at me when I talk!" DeVante said yelling as his homeboys came in.

I quickly turned around as DeVante kicked the book across the room.

"Yo, what you doing?" Chris asked as he looked at us.

"Making my b***h command. Crawl and get that book."

"I don't want t—"

DeVante jumped at me as I crawled fast to get the book.

"DeVante, she ain't no d**n dog. Brandy, get up!" Allen said coming toward me, but DeVante pushed him.

"Don't come nowhere near my girl. You control your girl how you want to. I got my girl handled."

Tears came out of my eyes because I was so embarrassed. Allen, Chris, and about four other dudes were now in the room.

"Watch this. My girl a freak." DeVante said laughing.

"Dude, you need to chill. This ain't funny." Chris said looking at me.

DeVante dropped his pants leaving his private part only exposed.

"Suck it, baby. You know how daddy like it."

I started sobbing as DeVante tried to swing it in my face.

One of his friends pushed him as Allen pulled me to the bathroom.

"Brandy—"

"I'm so embarrassed! I can't believe he did that." I said sobbing as I sat on the toilet.