Chapter 16

~Brandy~

"Girl, I'm about to tear those ribs up." I said as I hopped into Mya's front seat.

"Watch the leather, sis." Mya said as she threw her black coat to the backseat.

"Sorry." I said as I put my braids in a ponytail.

"Where's everyone?"

"Mom and Dad had a gala to attend and Jack's socializing with friends."

"Ok, well my parents aren't doing anything. Can I come hang with you?"

"Of course you can. I need company, anyway. I hate being alone." I said as Mya started backing up.

"Girl, I'm so used to being alone that it doesn't phase me. I just read a good book."

"Hm, you could be talking to Mike instead."

"Girl, Mike? What I'm going to do with him?"

"Get married and have babies."

Mya looked at me as she kept driving.

"Why is Tall Mike name coming out of our mouths?"

"You'll see in the near future."

"No, I won't. I got a man. We just haven't made it official. We're taking things slow."

"Ok, Mrs. Slow."

Mya playfully hit me as we pulled up to the barbecue place.

"Let's go, girl. By the time we order and get our food to go, my parents food should be ready." Mya said as she parked and turned the car off.

"Oh, they not eating here?"

"Nah, it's the new restaurant that just opened downtown, so my parents wanted to try it out."

"If it's your parents taste, I already know their food worth more than my future college tuition." I said as we busted out laughing and entered the barbecue place.

We about to tear these ribs up. They are just too delicious.

Being at my fav eating spot with my best friend is good, but if DeVante was here...

It would be better.

..........

"Girl, you better not eat all ya ribs because you ain't about to sit up here and eat mine." Mya said as she snatched the bag from me.

We had just left the barbecue place not too long ago, and I ate two pieces of ribs. I promise you these ribs are too good.

I know my baby is sick, so I made sure I got a couple of extra ribs to take to his house. Mya doesn't want to take me, but she loves me so much that she's going to take me to DeVante's house anyway.

I don't know why, but it sure took a long time for Mya to come on.

I was tryna to hold everything in, but my bladder was about to explode.

"That sweet tea gets right though me." I said as I got out the car and hurried into the place.

"Excuse me, do you have a reservation, ma'am?" One of the hostess asked smiling.

"I'm sorry, I don't, but I need to—"

"Brandy, let's go!" Mya said in a irritated voice.

"I got to pee, girl."

"Look, it's not going to take long to hold your pee." Mya said trying to grab my arm.