Clash, our fists (pt. 1)

Kaito Momota was not very fond of Kokichi Ouma. He lied, stole, bullied others... Everything a man wouldn't do. To Kaito, at least. The fact that Shuichi was incredibly... "buddy-buddy", with the shorter boy confused Momota. But he couldn't really protest. It was his sidekick's choice, his sidekick's life... but aren't his sidekick's mistakes his mistakes?

"Hey, 'kichi - could you get me a drink?"

It was early morning for everyone, and only a few people were in the dining hall - Kaito, Shuichi, Kirumi, Maki and Kokichi.
Shuichi motioned over to the devious liar, which was unenthusiastically picking at the salad Kirumi had prepared him.

Shuichi had just come back from his morning training with The Luminary of the Stars - which consisted of 100 push-ups and 50 sit-ups.
Needless to say, the detective needed a drink.

"I'm not your slave, Shuichi!" He stuck out his tongue in an annoyed fashion, yet leapt out of his seat anyways and waltzed over to the refrigerator. "And what do you want to drink? You didn't specify that — OH! I know!" He swiftly swung the fridge door open. "My Shumai wants some beer so he can get all sorts of knocked up!" Kokichi exclaimed loudly, fishing around in the fridge to tease his flustered partner.

"Ouma!" Kaito growled at the smaller rather angrily. "Be nice to Shuichi, will ya?! Stop fuckin' around and be sensible for once! Also, underage drinking is totally unmanly!!" Kokichi simply raised an eyebrow at the Astronaut, knowing that wouldn't fly well with the detective.

"K-Kaito, I think he was just joking..."
"Yeah! Here ya go, my beloved! One bottle of icy cold water for your undeniably hot body!"
"I-In what way d-did you mean 'hot' —"

Nevertheless, the Astronaut balled up his fist in anger and shouted,

"It's still not fair, okay?!"

The dining hall went unbelievably quiet. Even though it was relatively quiet already, it felt like the silence's temperature had dropped to a piercing chill.

Kokichi, brushing off the intense tension in the room, cooed at the rather stirred up Astronaut. "Awwww, is someone jealous of the amount of time I'm spending with Mr. Shuichi..?" He pressed his pointer finger to his lips, taunting the taller boy as he wrapped his free arm around Saihara's torso.
"Shhhh, keep it down Momota - no one wants to hear your mind-numbingly dumb voice screech across the dining hall like nails on a chalkboard anymore-"

*WHAM!*

All went silent once more after the ringing of a clean punch struck the walls of the room. Ouma stumbled out of Saihara's grip as the impact hit him. He nearly fell, but kept himself up with his rather impressive physical capabilities. Maki pushed her chair out slightly, preparing to interfere if things got out of hand.

Kokichi held his jaw with a scowl, before it crept into a malicious grin. Said grin seemed fake, though, like lots of pain and anger was shoved behind it, itching to burst out.

"K-Kokichi!!" Shuichi yelled out to the injured boy, but only a laugh escaped the latter.

"Ahahahah!! Oh, Kaito... It's going to take lots more than that for you to knock me out. This is interesting, though -

Why did you hit me, I wonder..? Are you jealous..? Jealous of Saihara and I....?"

Shuichi immediately ran to Kokichi's side, checking if he was okay.

"K-Kokichi, you -"
"Neeheehee! I'll be just fine, Shuichi. Don't worry about lil' old me!" A little bit of blood trickled out from behind his teeth when he grinned, though.
"Kaito, what's wrong with you?! That was really uncalled for..."

"I'm not jealous! I'm worried!!" Kaito's voice boomed throughout the hall.

"Kokichi definitely has something going on with him! And, I can tell his lies are a facade to stop others knowing about him... but it's still no excuse for him to be acting like this!!"

No comeback was elicited from the liar. He just glared at the Astronaut, not threateningly, but sadly. Kokichi couldn't refute that.

"Come on, Kokichi... you call yourself a man?!"

"... not really..?" Kokichi grew annoyed at the though of yet another one of the Luminary's pep-talks.

"I have to admit, you're real annoying, man, but I think that punch knocked some sense into you. Now will you listen to me?"

The air seemed to grow a bit warmer as Kaito's expression turned from fierce to sympathetic. He stared at the ground and sighed.

"Look. I know there's somethin' up with you. But you piss me off! You've gotta let your emotions show every once in a while -"

"He doesn't have to."

A stern, solemn voice painted over Kaito's vibrant words in an instant.

"I'd know."

Maki Harukawa glared directly at the Astronaut, standing up for Kokichi in a strange sense.

"He's annoying. Extremely annoying at that, but I know what it feels like to bottle up your emotions. You don't know anything about him, so don't try to talk him up as if his problems are nothing."

With a very ambivalent way of defending the liar, she silently left the dining hall.

"Maki Roll!"

Kaito clung onto the shorter assassin before she could leave, with the words,

"You can talk to me anytime! If you need to tell me about any of your issues, the Luminary of the Stars is here!"

Momota was practically shoved away by a flustered Maki.

"Do you want to die..?"

"N-Not particularly, haha!" Kaito scratched the back of his head as Harukawa quickly left the dining hall.

"Now that that's out of the way... I guess..."

The Astronaut spun around to meet Shuichi and Kokichi's eyes again.

"I'm sorry, Kokichi. I didn't really get how you truly felt, so my bad. Maki opened my eyes to that, so I really need to thank her later, hahah!"

"Just go away."

Kokichi nearly hissed at Kaito, spinning around on his heel, facing his back to the Astronaut to leave the hall.

Shuichi followed close behind.

"Hey, Kokichi..? I'm sure he really didn't know what he was doing... Are you going to be alright..? You're with me now, you don't need to lie...."

"It hurts..."

"... k-kokichi?"

"He really hurt my jaw, Shuichi..."

Ouma flashed a worried glance at the Detective, before dragging him along to their dorm room.

---

there will be a part 2 to this!! this chapter has just been very long, so i'm guessing i'll split it up?

THANK YOU ALL FOR 69K!!!! HHAHAHAH i'm cryinf

seriously though! even though it's a secksee number it's also an insane number. that many people have read my book? 

for personal reasons i will be passing away

thank you all so, so much. remember, if you want updates, or want to know me and my friends better, you can always join the discord server! it's a really nice community, and we're always open for new members. once again, i'm dopeasfruck#3148 if you want to friend me so that i can send you the invite!

thank you for reading! stay tuned for the next part!!

peace