Chapter 22: theyre gone

Start from the beginning

Music plays as I walk along the beach and cut through the forest.
"Nice music." I turn around and see Peeta standing there. His eyes are red and puffy. Has he been crying? No, he can't be. I'm not worth that.

"Look behind you!" I point behind him. He turns around. While he's figuring out that nothing really was behind him; I hide.

"Katniss?" He says. "Look I know your hiding from me."

I start walking back to dorm praying that he doesn't see me.

I open the door and carefully sneak into my bed. Last day of the weekend tomorrow. I soon drift off to sleep.

FINNICK POV:

Peeta still isn't back. What has he been doing?

Can't believe me and Katniss are brother and sister. I mean I knew his old surname was Everdeen. Wait Minute, Katniss said that she watched her father die when she was little. So how does this work.

I call Katniss she answers strait away.
"Hello?" She says. "Why ya calling?"
"Just come over we need to talk." I tell her.
"Okay...hold on." I hear some moving around then the door opens and Katniss comes in.
"Ok I'm here what ya want?" She folds her arms and I laugh.
"Um I'm really confused sorry to say this bit if your dad...died...how could marry my mum?"
She sits down next to me on the sofa.
"My dad..died....um like 4 years, 5 years ago." She pauses. "When did your mum get married?"
"2 years ago." I say. She shakes her head.
"We can't be related." She states.
"Maybe he didn't die." I suggest.
"No! He died! I watched him!" She raises her voice.
"You sure about that?" I open
My phone up and call 'step dad'

He picks up and I yet him on speaker.
"Hello finnick. Everything ok." He asks.
"Yes sorry of I woke you I just have a friend that I wants you to speak to."

I hold the phone out to Katniss..

KATNISS POV:

I take the phone and put it to my ear.
"Hi, MR Odair, I was....."
"Sorry to interrupt you but...have we spoken before?"

He is my father.

"Dad?" I barley choke out.
"Katniss?"
"Yes dad it's me!" I say into the phone. I look at finnick and he has a smile on his face.
"But dad how are you alive?" I hear him laugh on the other end of the phone.
"We'll when they took me to a hospital in district 4," he pauses. "I got better."

"Why didn't you come back?" I get a little angry.
"I'm sorry but I really liked it here and when I call your mother she told me not to return."
"What!" I shout. Finnick covers my mouth with his hands and points to the other room where the boys are sleeping.
"Sorry." I whisper to finnick.
"Look, I've gotta go. Tell finnick to give me your number and we can talk about this more. I'm sorry katniss, love you." Then the line goes dead.

I look up at finnick.
"Believe me now?" He smiles.
"I'm flawless!"
"No your not!" I laugh.
"You wanna go there?" He lunges for me and picks me up and throws me over his back.

I try kicking him I'm the face but it doesn't work. He loosens his grip on me and I go crashing towards the floor.

So it ends up me doing and handstand backwards.
"Good job your flexible!" He says As he tries to pull me back up.
"Yeah shame about you though." I laugh.

I swing my feet around his shoulders and he goes flying over me landing on his front.
"I'm dead!" He jokes.
I take his arms and hold them back.
"What do you say?" I ask him.
"Finnick is the sea god?" He says sarcastically.

FINNICK POV:

She pulls my arm tighter.
"I wouldn't do that!" I assure her. Even though I can only see the floor I know she's confused.